Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 39,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Hide Folders

Tip us?

Archer
Old
(Last edited by Archer; 24th December 2008 at 12:54 PM.) Reason: Adding review link
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,017
Default [APP] Hide Folders

I've noticed recently that there's quite a few people asking how to hide folders on Windows Mobile. There's a few applications out there, but they're either completely overkill (they do a million more things and are therefore massive), or they're not free (or a mixture of the two).

Since I wanted this functionality myself, I decided to write a very simple application to allow me to toggle the hidden state of folders. This application should be considered in beta state, but it works fine for me so far. It's not fancy in the slightest, and I have no plans to make it look anything special, but if I get enough response then I'd put some time aside to "tart it up" a bit.

I'd be grateful if people could let me know of any problems with it. It's targeted for WM 4+ (I have 6.1), using .Net 2.0.

All that aside, I hope some of you do find it useful.

You can download it here...

http://www.johnmolyneux.co.uk/downloads/hidefolders.cab

I was recently informed about a review for this application, which can be found here...

http://mobilityupdate.com/hide-your-...s-application/

Thanks for the great review Ella

Cheers,

John.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaveShaw
Old
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Thanks Meter 372
Hi,
Works well on my Kaiser (See my sig for the rest of my specs).

Nice little app, I use Resco and Total Commander, so I don't have much use for it, but I'll keep the CAB just in case.

I like the loading when you expand the tree rather than loading all folders at the start.

Ta
Dave
--Retired.

Archer
Old
Thanks Meter 4,017
Cheers for doing that Dave - I don't know about you, but I'm always relieved when things work for others!

As for the loading when you expand the treeview nodes, I had to add that because it was taking about a minute to start the program, if it was getting the whole directory structure. The Windows folder alone was taking around 40 seconds!

Anyway, thanks again. I appreciate the test and report
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

Archer
Old
(Last edited by Archer; 28th August 2008 at 10:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4,017
Updated to v1.1. I've sorted the folder lists alphabetically, and I've added an about screen, mainly to acknowledge the guy that made the icons I used for the application.
My xda links

hackerzlab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it didn't work. i set a folder in the storage card to hidden mode bt the folder is still visible! when i use file explorer!

i have asus p320

Archer
Old
Thanks Meter 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerzlab View Post
it didn't work. i set a folder in the storage card to hidden mode bt the folder is still visible! when i use file explorer!
Hi.

It sounds to me like you've got 'Show all files' enabled. In File Explorer, go to Menu and make sure 'Show all files' is unchecked.

Cheers.
My xda links

kakachopra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hide folder working fine

working great in htc 3450...
but make sure in file explorer u unchecked show all files....[]

bokek
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Work well on Xperia, thanks

corepda
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Great piece of app. Really appreciated. You need to uncheck "show all files" & you will have your files hidden. But the problem I faced is mainly with the Touch commander 2.51 which doesn't have any of this option. I tried this on Resco explorer & files were hidden. So overall w/o touch commander it worked like charm.

Just an humble suggestion John
WHy don't you create an app that could lock files, I mean that could just rename them with ascii letters which can't be opened unless provided password[which would rename the folder again.] I have searched for this kind of app but couldn't find one so your release would be a hit with this function. Thanks allover.
Regards
Saksham Katyal
Donation for Samsung i9506 ROM Development here
XDA Photo Album | Have You Posted Your's!
------------------

ella_mobilityupdate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hidefolders review:

http://mobilityupdate.com/hide-your-...s-application/