Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FM radio in Telus diamond?

Tip us?

ghebb_ns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default FM radio in Telus diamond?

I can't seem to find the FM radio in my new Telus diamond. Is it there and just no program or did Telus completely remove it? If it is still there, any suggestions how I might access it?

Thanks

smokinjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
telus stripped the FM radio..

dave3211
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry A Little Off Topic

I have had a Telus HTC Diamond for 7 days and the battery sucks.

According to HTC, the device heats up normally and the battery does not last as long as Touch.

On my Touch with a Seidio 1500 m amp battery, I could have EVDO connection (and bluetooth) on and download/have Exchange push on for 8 hours and my battery would be at 30%, with Diamond, I turn EVDO connection on 4 times over 8 hours (Bluetooth on as well) and my battery is pretty much at 0.

According to Telus, should exchange, I have another friend that agrees the battery is normal to last so short of time, does anyone else with CDMA Diamond have much better battery experience.

I am considering returning device.

dave3211

smokinjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40058

flash juicy's rom - i've got BT on, data constant, push mail and talk and text quite a bit and Im getting about 2 FULL days of usage.

omnisync
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Touch Dimaond FM Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
telus stripped the FM radio..
Actually, Telus only removed the software used to play the radio. Install the latest ROM from Juicy and you'll get the radio! It actually works VERY well! It supports RDS data streams from the radio station, manual tuning, auto tuning, scan, presets, headset and speaker out, and all the other goodies you'd expect from a decent FM tuner.

Omni