Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 28-04-2009] TorchButton v1.5, using camera LED for flashlight

Tip us?

da_jojo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
great idea using the g-sensor but what if you want the flashlight to be stationary ? it would mean one should shake the device at least every 10 seconds.

most of the use i make of the flashlight is to put the device on a object somewhere and let it light the area under it. so it would be nice if the flashlight can be turned on and stays this way for at least 5 minutes or so.
i tested with the htc wizard and it didnt do any harm to it burning for 10 minutes or longer. its just freaking irritating to have to turn it on all the time.
the led wont die of it. actually when you see the bright flash when you take a picture that is the only 2 seconds that it will burn at maximum capacity. the only thing which is hurt by this is the battery running low quicker then normal. also this is not an issue as the phone can draw a lot more energy from the battery then is used most of the time.
If something sucks , it better be your girl

-HTC Touch Pro > SPL: 1.9 koekie GSM: CRC_52.58.25.30H_1.11.25.01.nb OS: 5.2.28005 WM6.5 energy custom running android 2.2 with ps3 hackmod
-Dell Streak 2.3.7 >custom korean rom
-Samsung SIII 32gb Int. unbranded unlocked, rooted , CWM philZ ,Anbech bootanim enabler, oldbiosbootlogo
-PC: More then MyCom have in their store.. using W8 x64
-Koekies: Lu, time-out, robuuste koekjes
Donations: PLEASE give these to the WWF

sysrq12
Old
(Last edited by sysrq12; 1st September 2008 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
g-sensor
oh, that is really great idea ineed. Although I've got a lot of windows desktop coding to do (work) I'll try to do this after midnights

well it could be like that:
1) as soon as there is no movement detected timer starts counting. and disables led after given time. any g-sensor activity resets timer.
2) no timeout for users who would like to take their chances

sysrq12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloJ5 View Post
Any chance of a version for the LG KS20 ?
well... I don't have LG KS20...

da_jojo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysrq12 View Post
g-sensor
oh, that is really great idea ineed. Although I've got a lot of windows desktop coding to do (work) I'll try to do this after midnights

well it could be like that:
1) as soon as there is no movement detected timer starts counting. and disables led after given time. any g-sensor activity resets timer.
2) no timeout for users who would like to take their chances

count me in on 2 LOL

on second thought it might be handy to turn it off while g-sensor indicates that the device is flat on the table

-HTC Touch Pro > SPL: 1.9 koekie GSM: CRC_52.58.25.30H_1.11.25.01.nb OS: 5.2.28005 WM6.5 energy custom running android 2.2 with ps3 hackmod
-Samsung SIII 32gb Int. unbranded unlocked, rooted , CWM philZ ,Anbech bootanim enabler, oldbiosbootlogo

nolovelust
Old
Thanks Meter 14
add me too

Black93300ZX
Old
Banned
Thanks Meter 6
Awesome, works great. Thanks!

Mitch92uK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
n1 netripper
HTC Touch Pro (HTC Version)

NetRipper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
I have just updated the first post with a new version of TorchButton. It allows the default timeout to be changed by modifying the HKLM\Software\TorchButton\FlashlightTimeout value (which is in seconds).

Thanks for everyone suggesting features. The G-Sensor idea is also very nice, but I just want to keep the software plain and simple. It sounds like "sysrq12" may be implementing the feature in his software.

@sysrq12, perhaps you should create a new thread if you have a new release of your software, just to keep it seperated and to prevent people from getting confused about which cabs to use.

Hope this satisfies everyone!

TomasNM
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thsnks guys anyway. This is must-have application in every Raphael device and it is very good,that someone cares about it and implements user opinions in the software. Really cool.
Samsung Galaxy Note JellyBean
Touch Pro @ EnergyROM WM6.5
Himalaya WM6 @ 7.0b.40CS
Typhoon WM6.1,Hurricane WM2003SE,Oxygene WM5,Toshiba Portege G710 WM6
HTC Hero @ Elelinux 7.1 Gingerbread

da_jojo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper View Post
I have just updated the first post with a new version of TorchButton. It allows the default timeout to be changed by modifying the HKLM\Software\TorchButton\FlashlightTimeout value (which is in seconds).

Thanks for everyone suggesting features. The G-Sensor idea is also very nice, but I just want to keep the software plain and simple. It sounds like "sysrq12" may be implementing the feature in his software.

@sysrq12, perhaps you should create a new thread if you have a new release of your software, just to keep it seperated and to prevent people from getting confused about which cabs to use.

Hope this satisfies everyone!
got me just as excited as the moment i got this phone brought to my door...
this tell you enough ?