Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[UPDATED 28-04-2009] TorchButton v1.5, using camera LED for flashlight

1st September 2008, 03:16 PM   |  #21  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2

566 posts
More
great idea using the g-sensor but what if you want the flashlight to be stationary ? it would mean one should shake the device at least every 10 seconds.

most of the use i make of the flashlight is to put the device on a object somewhere and let it light the area under it. so it would be nice if the flashlight can be turned on and stays this way for at least 5 minutes or so.
i tested with the htc wizard and it didnt do any harm to it burning for 10 minutes or longer. its just freaking irritating to have to turn it on all the time.
the led wont die of it. actually when you see the bright flash when you take a picture that is the only 2 seconds that it will burn at maximum capacity. the only thing which is hurt by this is the battery running low quicker then normal. also this is not an issue as the phone can draw a lot more energy from the battery then is used most of the time.
1st September 2008, 03:37 PM   |  #22  
Flag W-w
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
g-sensor
oh, that is really great idea ineed. Although I've got a lot of windows desktop coding to do (work) I'll try to do this after midnights

well it could be like that:
1) as soon as there is no movement detected timer starts counting. and disables led after given time. any g-sensor activity resets timer.
2) no timeout for users who would like to take their chances
Last edited by sysrq12; 1st September 2008 at 03:41 PM.
1st September 2008, 03:43 PM   |  #23  
Flag W-w

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauloJ5

Any chance of a version for the LG KS20 ?

well... I don't have LG KS20...
1st September 2008, 03:48 PM   |  #24  
Flag Utrecht

566 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysrq12

g-sensor
oh, that is really great idea ineed. Although I've got a lot of windows desktop coding to do (work) I'll try to do this after midnights

well it could be like that:
1) as soon as there is no movement detected timer starts counting. and disables led after given time. any g-sensor activity resets timer.
2) no timeout for users who would like to take their chances

count me in on 2 LOL

on second thought it might be handy to turn it off while g-sensor indicates that the device is flat on the table
1st September 2008, 04:13 PM   |  #25  
TR
Thanks Meter: 14

296 posts
add me too
1st September 2008, 05:35 PM   |  #26  
Banned
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 6

1,632 posts
Awesome, works great. Thanks!
1st September 2008, 06:26 PM   |  #27  

76 posts
n1 netripper
1st September 2008, 08:16 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 41

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have just updated the first post with a new version of TorchButton. It allows the default timeout to be changed by modifying the HKLM\Software\TorchButton\FlashlightTimeout value (which is in seconds).

Thanks for everyone suggesting features. The G-Sensor idea is also very nice, but I just want to keep the software plain and simple. It sounds like "sysrq12" may be implementing the feature in his software.

@sysrq12, perhaps you should create a new thread if you have a new release of your software, just to keep it seperated and to prevent people from getting confused about which cabs to use.

Hope this satisfies everyone!
1st September 2008, 08:22 PM   |  #29  
Flag Nové Mesto nad Váhom/Slovak Republic/Central EU
Thanks Meter: 19

740 posts
Thsnks guys anyway. This is must-have application in every Raphael device and it is very good,that someone cares about it and implements user opinions in the software. Really cool.
1st September 2008, 10:37 PM   |  #30  
Flag Utrecht

566 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetRipper

I have just updated the first post with a new version of TorchButton. It allows the default timeout to be changed by modifying the HKLM\Software\TorchButton\FlashlightTimeout value (which is in seconds).

Thanks for everyone suggesting features. The G-Sensor idea is also very nice, but I just want to keep the software plain and simple. It sounds like "sysrq12" may be implementing the feature in his software.

@sysrq12, perhaps you should create a new thread if you have a new release of your software, just to keep it seperated and to prevent people from getting confused about which cabs to use.

Hope this satisfies everyone!

got me just as excited as the moment i got this phone brought to my door...
this tell you enough ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread