LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more
Thread Deleted

WM 6.1 Samsung i617 / Blackjack II released!

OP birdibird

3rd September 2008, 03:18 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 11

63 posts
Originally Posted by cyberillusion
Ok, break out your favorite mobile reg editor and locate:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings

In here will be a value named "ForceCellConnection"

Change "ATT ICS" to "" and reboot.

ICS will now allow you to choose either ATT ICS or MEdia. ATT ICS will not work without a tethering plan on your wireless account, but MEdia Net will work as long as you have the signal and the basic pay-as-you-go feature (not recommended).

ATT ICS uses "isp.cingular" (tethering) whereas MEdia Net uses "wap.cingular" (general internet).

Also, the ATT ICS and MEdia Net entries in the connection settings dialog are read only and won't let you edit them, But if you navigate to:

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4...}\Connections

There will be 2 keys in there. one for ATT ICS and MEdia Net. In those keys there will be a value of ReadOnly. Change the value for these from 1 to 0 and reboot your phone. These connections should now be editable.

This post was made via tether w/o plan and via USB connection
4th September 2008, 02:40 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
app unlock not working
followed the instructions on a fully, properly upgraded BJ2 (radio and OS confirmed) and followed the instructions for the modaco hack and sda unlocker and nothing is changed. I cannot modify the GPRS setting nor make modification in the registry...any clues?
4th September 2008, 10:20 PM   |  #13  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 29

449 posts
Has anyone been able to add Google Search or a Weather plugin to the new "Sliding" Homescreen. I remember seeing a weather and stock quotes Home Screen plugins in the new HTC phones. I believe these plugins where custumized for the HTC phones, but they "should" work with the new WM 6.1 BJII Home Screen. Someone over at HoFo mentioned that the weather and stocks plugins might be for WM Pro (touchscreen) and therefore won't work on WM 6.1 Standard. I used Google Search with 6.0, but it won't install in the "Sliding" HomeScreen of 6.1.

Anyone?
5th September 2008, 12:58 AM   |  #14  
Flag B.F.E. Illinois
Thanks Meter: 16

1,217 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by znutar

followed the instructions on a fully, properly upgraded BJ2 (radio and OS confirmed) and followed the instructions for the modaco hack and sda unlocker and nothing is changed. I cannot modify the GPRS setting nor make modification in the registry...any clues?

check out the link in my post. I followed that and had no problem editing and deleting the settings. SDA App Unlock worked fine too. Don't bother with the GPS unlocker. I don't think you need it anymore.

*BUT*

It worked for me so it should work for you...

Good luck!
6th September 2008, 06:25 PM   |  #15  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 29

449 posts
Remapping the BJII's CV and AT&T keys is easier in WM 6.1 than it was in WM 6.0. But I have been unable to find or figure out how to remap the Press-Hold Home Key in WM 6.0 or 6.1. I want to remap the Press-Hold Home key to start CeleTask instead of Task Manager as I find CeleTask a bit more useful. I like the new new Sliding HomeScreen, but it does not allow one to use apps like Right Menu and Smartoolkit. I know it can be done because I have used XDA cooked ROMs in my Qtek 8310 that had CeleTask remapped to the Press-Hold Home Key. Anyone?
14th September 2008, 07:31 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
I am glad I found this, works great on my wifes bj ii
25th October 2008, 04:53 PM   |  #17  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 0

344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco

Remapping the BJII's CV and AT&T keys is easier in WM 6.1 than it was in WM 6.0. But I have been unable to find or figure out how to remap the Press-Hold Home Key in WM 6.0 or 6.1. I want to remap the Press-Hold Home key to start CeleTask instead of Task Manager as I find CeleTask a bit more useful. I like the new new Sliding HomeScreen, but it does not allow one to use apps like Right Menu and Smartoolkit. I know it can be done because I have used XDA cooked ROMs in my Qtek 8310 that had CeleTask remapped to the Press-Hold Home Key. Anyone?

I need the Home key hack as well, thakns
25th October 2008, 07:04 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 6

141 posts
youll need to edit the rom
10th December 2008, 12:12 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,029 posts
Donate to Me
I have just bought a Samsung i617 (sim unlocked): with WM6.0, not with at&t
Will it lock sim if i upgrade to WM6.1 at the post#1 in this thread?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	samsung-i617-00.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	136001  
Last edited by nhathoa; 10th December 2008 at 11:32 AM.
10th December 2008, 01:01 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 211

1,029 posts
Donate to Me
Upgrade reckless...
Wow everything ok, no sim lock...
Last edited by nhathoa; 16th December 2008 at 04:47 AM.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread