[4/2/2009] Polaris HebPack Project (READ THE UPDATE)
As you probably know, the_dude created a fully compatible and working OS translation and hebrew support pack for the touch HD.
If anyone's interested in a full hebrew support including translation, look it up.
In the meanwhile, i've registered a few dll's a bit differently in the early version of the arabizer and cabbed the fonts edited by InfX for comfortability purposes.
I will be posting them tomorrow.
I will also make some time for listing all hebrew pack versions for us to choose from to use with different browsers and different ROMs.
After assuming the best version, I will hopefully be able to edit it with the help of a few others to acheive maximum usability and lightness. you should remember that we prefered offering a LIGHT version of hebrew support for people who want to read hebrew and write hebrew.. but leave the OS as is, thus having a stable and light installation.
I'm culpable of neglecting this thread lately and i'm sorry. I hope that together we'll be able to release a version to redeem everyone in xda-devs AND fxp from having hebrew problems.
Also, for your information, and don't quote me on that (because it simply won't help you
), we can break the market. Don't ask me how I know that.. that's inside info.
that's good for anyone who's been a part of this thread.
I've edited the DLLs and replaced a few files in 0.2.2b.
I'm not positive that everything will work smoothly but i do ask that you try this as this would certainly be an indication of progress if it fixed some problems.
This is not a cab. simply copy all files besides the Areg files to your windows folder.
This is a cab created by prattjo. try it, and post your feedback. when you feedback, please post the EXACT problem. (i.e. Opera9.5, can't see hebrew)...
You can ignore the Arabic chars if they appear after using this version.
We already know a POSSIBLE solution to this problems so worst case scenario is that we'll copy over the fonts... unless we manage to find a way to bypassing this ****.
Alright, people are having problems (and i noticed one myself in an sms i got) with arabic numerals appearing instead of regular ones.
Until we solve this problem, the temporary solution is replacing your default system unicode fonts with the ones edited by InfX.
copy the fonts from the file to your /windows dir, overwrite and SR.
In the following post by prattjo you will find a mixed version of the arabizer. I haven't had the time to check it out yet but you're all invited to try it and give
our first jumping stone is a cab created by Infx.. only a tryout of an integrated file, unedited (other than the font files inside, which is something we'd like to completely delete eventually) but apparently working.
try it out and give us your opinion.
go to post 140 to check what he wrote about this
a request. when posting feedback, please write the following
Browser - problems
Shell - problems
SMS - problems
Interface - problems... and so forth
Version 0.2.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1227478867
We can officially call it a project now.
eranar introduced us a with a solution to the hebrew problem presented on most HTC devices. instead of using PDAC/Eyron/LENg we can now use 3 cabs which give us right to left writing/reading in hebrew without changing the interface of WM.
the thing is, that these 3 cabs have lots of garbage inside. some font files which are not required, unattended dlls which should be changed to fit hebrew rather than arabic, and so forth. we will be extracting ONLY what is needed, edit the dlls, delete unwanted files, explore the needed registry values/xmls and eventually create 1 cab which would grant you the ability to read and write hebrew in (hopefully) all browsers and different shells of WM.
bnm7bnm already posted some scrs of it working (even in M2D!!!) and we're proud to blow out the heavy expensive PDAC and Eyron and the Free and HORRIBLY troublesome LENg.
This not only lets us XDA-Devs have heb support but also create a fully resourceful and changeable packaging.
hopefully, after creating a complete package and prove it's working correctly, we can expand to other sections of the forum to present this wonderful solution to everyone else.
eran, let's all get credit for creating a fully automated solution for this.
All i can do is request that you do not publicize this solution so you can get credit for creating a complete package working on all devices after we're done here.
by the way, if you had any problems with different roms due to the installation of PDAC/Eyron/LENg, this will most probably solve all of them. this package changes NOTHING in your system, so it will not interfere with flashing different roms and working with them.
what i would like to point out tho, is that this is not meant for people who want to have a hebrew interface. you will not be able to have a Hebrew Windows, this only grants the ability to read/write hebrew.
readme is in the zip.
With your permission, I wish to collect donations for this work. Instead of dividing this between us PDA people, it will all go to צער בעלי חיים.. i've been volunteering there for quite a while now and have been donating every month. (anyone donating will be posted as a Donator in this thread and in the final cab release)
If you want to receive donations for yourselves instead, let me know so i can link your paypals here.
If you do wish to donate, use this link:
thank you in advance.
some screenshots courtesy of bnm7bnm: