Development stopped: [APP][Updated 17-04-09] Stylus(BattC)lock (v1.7)
More advanced *FREE* unlocking using all the HTC sensors can be found here: [APP]TouchLockPro
If you are fine with StylusLock 1.7, just keep using it. However, because StylusLock 1.7 is integrated in TouchLockPro, new developments within StylusLock 1.7 are not expected. So keep your eye on the new thread (you can even subscribe to it, via the "Thread tools" feature of XDA).
There are already a lot of applications to disable touchpanel and/or hardware keys for the Touch Diamond. I added another simple one:
Youtube video StylusLock in action on wmpoweruser.com. Note that this video is version 1.1. New version 1.2 onwards has a StylusLock indicator and vibration is different
Version 1.6 onwards has a BattClock, indicating the locked status
* Great to have *ANY* application locked, e.g. GPS navigation, Music player, Home screen, so you do not accidentally press touchpanel/hardware buttons.
* Works with Touch Diamond and Touch Pro.
* Be able to put the Touch Diamond in your pocket with touchpanel and all hardware buttons locked.
* Taking out the TD from your pocket: the touchpanel or a hardware button cannot be accidentally pressed when locked.
* Avoid missed calls, by accidentally pressing the TouchPanel and/or hardware buttons.
* With Bluethooth headset still incoming calls can be answered, although it is locked (confirmed by others)
* No effect on Battery life.
* Consumes no CPU cycles (only in case of an Stylus/Power event, no polling). Check it with a Task Manager!!
* Use Stylus for locking/unlocking
* Clock and battery percentage indicates Locked/Unlocked, pressing the indicator enables "Stylus lock mode" (version 1.6 onwards)
* Unlocked when on AC or USB power
* Vibration when changing lock state to locked
* Not having the Vibration bug of "SensorLock"
* Go to Suspend when locked and the backlight goes off (v1.3 onwards)
* Possibility to overrule default behaviour (v1.4 onwards)
What does it do:
* There are 2 modes, "stylus lock mode" enabled and disabled
- Mode 1 - enabled - stylus in = phone locked
- Mode 2 - disabled - stylus in = phone not locked
* You can enable "stylus lock mode" by pressing the BattClock (version 1.6 onwards)
* You can toggle the "stylus lock mode", by taking OUT the Stylus and putting it back IN within 1 second (3 seconds in versions before 1.4)
* In fact the second mode permits not to use the lock functionality, in order to use your fingers on the touchpanel and hardware buttons, rather than the stylus.
* On startup/boot/reset it will be always unlocked and "stylus lock mode" is disabled
* It will always be unlocked, when the Stylus is OUT
* It will always be unlocked, when on ACPower/USB power
* It will always be unlocked, when the program is exited
* In "stylus lock mode 1", putting the Stylus IN and on battery-power, the touchpanel and all hardware keys will be locked
* In "stylus lock mode 1", when switching to battery-power and the Stylus is IN, the touchpanel and all hardware keys will be locked
* Vibrate once when switching to unlocked state (till version 1.1, version 1.2 onwards does not vibrate anymore, because there is a StylusLock indicator when locked, saves battery)
* Vibrate when switching to locked state and/or "stylus lock mode" enabled
How to install:
* Deinstall the previous version of StylusLock and/or other locking programs
* Copy the StylusLock.x.x.CAB file from your computer to the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro Memory card
* Go via the explorer of the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro to the location where you copied the .CAB file and click on it to start installation
* Advice is to install it to the Phone memory and not to the Memory card, StylusLock is very small and so it also works in "DiskDrive" mode
How to use:
* Choose your "stylus lock mode", by using the method above (toggle the "stylus lock mode", by taking OUT the Stylus and putting it back IN within 1 second)
- e.g. if you want to put the TD in your pocket, enable "stylus lock mode"
- e.g. if you have your TD lying on the table, disable "stylus lock mode"
- e.g. you can also use always the "stylus lock mode" when your are fine to take out the stylus for unlocking (you do not need to operate the Power button anymore)
How to go to sleep mode immediately AND locking the phone when in "stylus lock mode"
Press the Power button and insert the Stylus. You will feel a vibration when the phone gets locked. In this way you do not rely in the Windows settings for going to sleep, it will go to sleep immediately.
* Possibility to disable BattClock press via registry setting ClockClickable
* Instead of the locked notification icon, now a Clock with Battery percentage is shown on the position of the battery icon
* When pressing the Clock, the "stylus lock mode" will be enabled
* When the phone is locked, the Clock will swap the background and foreground color, to indicate it is locked
* The default position of the BatteryClock can be overruled
* BattClock takes into account portrait and landscape mode (a negative value of ClockX position will count relative from the right, instead of from the left)
* The default foreground and background colors of the clock can be overruled
* StylusLock will become active after 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds, so the phone has time to start up
* Still Stylus(BattC)lock does consume no extra battery/CPU
Note that I hope that people having problems with the locked notification icon, do no longer suffer problems with this approach. Please let me know if this is solved now. Be sure not to run in 1.1 compatibility mode, though.
How to overrule default settings
It is possible to overrule the default settings via registry HKCU\Software\ZuinigeRijder\LockSettings
Please use a registry editor to create the DWORD values, e.g. PHM RegEdit.
A value of 0
and a value of 1
. The default DWORD value is also mentioned. Please make sure to do a soft reset after adding the appropriate overrule settings.
* lockTouchPanelOnly = 0
* vibrate = 1
* beep = 0
* lockIndicator = 1
* clockClickable = 1
* suspendOnBacklightOff = 1
* unlockOnACPower = 1
* stylusAlwaysControl = 0
* stylusOutInToggleTime = 1000 decimal or 3E8 hexadecimal
* ClockX = -96 decimal, corresponds to unsigned 4294967200 decimal or FFFFFFA0 hexadecimal // minus means relative to the right
* ClockY = 0
* ClockWidth = 48 decimal or 30 hexadecimal
* ClockHeight = 48 decimal or 30 hexadecimal
* ClockBackground = 0 // Black, RGB(0,0,0)
* ClockForeground = 16777215 decimal or FFFFFF hexadecimal // White RGB(255,255,255)
You only need to define the values you want to overrule.