Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone volume problem solved

Tip us?

tripp
Old
(Last edited by tripp; 8th October 2008 at 02:39 PM.) Reason: All files in one place now
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone volume problem solved

Hi!

I love my Diamond, but it has one big problem - I wasn't able to hear it in noisy environments. I realized, that poor sound is somehow related with AudioPara3.csv file in Windows directory. I made some tests with this file and whoaaa... my phone is quite louder now. Now I wish to share it with you. Unzip the file, overwrite the old file with the new one in the Windows folder (make backup before) and soft reset the device. You must hear the difference..
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioPara3_lighter_boost.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.9 KB, 11633 views)
File Type: zip AudioPara3_Original.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.9 KB, 6174 views)
File Type: zip AudioPara3_full_boost.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.9 KB, 11706 views)

arix
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I didn't test your file yet, I m sure it maye help, but I made some tests with CorePlayer by change the equalizer parameters and got little bit more volume but with distortion ,seems like the main problem is the speaker itself....

kalerat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
didn't hear any difference

tripp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arix View Post
I didn't test your file yet, I m sure it maye help, but I made some tests with CorePlayer by change the equalizer parameters and got little bit more volume but with distortion ,seems like the main problem is the speaker itself....
AudioPara3.csv file contains volume and gain values for speaker and microphone. I've tested it, and by raising volume values to the maximum - nothing happened, by raising gain values to the maximum- volume is louder. IMO this is maximum, that Diamond's poor speaker can produce. I am satisfied with it, maybe someone can do more tests and get better result.
Btw, all sounds are louder now: ringtone, speakerphone, system volume, music playback, etc.

tripp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalerat View Post
didn't hear any difference
Did you soft-reset your device?

benko286
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 102
getting error when trying to replace:
acess denieded!
any help?

HTC Touch Diamond -> HTC Desire (AMOLED) -> HTC Sensation -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC One X -> iPhone 5 -> HTC 8X
My ROM's:
Benko's Full & Prime

Benko's Ultra Lite and Clean ROM

Intel Core 2 Quad@3.5GHz | 2x SSD OCZ Vertex | 4GB @1100MHz RAM & ATi 6870 1GB OC'ed

hanson_p
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel286 View Post
getting error when trying to replace:
acess denieded!
any help?
Same here. Any help please

Unchained
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Replace with Total Commander; Windows Explorer isnt working...

korytr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried this and it really sounds like massive quality loss. This has to be tweaked much more.

EazyVG
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Thanks, will give it a try, as I just need little more volume from speakers.
Primary Mobile: Xperia Z2 (6503) Unlocked|Root
Desktop|Notebook: openSUSE

OpenSource is good for you and for the world!