Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S2U2 v1.22 and bluetooth headset

Tip us?

prof.deviant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry S2U2 v1.22 and bluetooth headset

After many many frustrating days, I have narrowed down a VERY ANNOYING issue with the otherwise BEAUTIFUL S2U2.

If the device is locked for more than 5 minutes, the connection to my bluetooth headset is lost...not just lost, but my phone doesnt even bother to look for it. I have to go through discovery again. Then the process starts all over again...after 5 min...its toast.

I have tried all versions of SU2U all the way up to 1.22. On an HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) running WM 6.0 (6.1 has been delayed by Alltel's cell group)

As soon as I take the SU2U off the phone..it works like a charm.

Any thoughts (or sob stories) would be helpfull

Kicken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
what bluetooth headset are you using?

wacky.banana
Old
Moderator Committee
Thanks Meter 600
Hi,

You are going to get a kicking for this. It would have ben best if you had posted in the original thread and/or kept an eye on what the general consensus on posting threads is.

Forum members are trying to reduce the number of new threads posted in order to improve the search facility and to stop clutter.

As for the answer to your question, not a clue. Sorry.

WB

Current Device - Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Previous Devices - HTC Sensation, Various Nokia Phones, Sony Z5 & Z7, Palm PDA, Sony P900, HTC Tytn, HTC HD2 (legendary device), HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD

Food for thought:
"Motor vehicles are NOT inherently dangerous; the problem lies with the faulty nut behind the wheel...."

"Children need roots to make them fly.."

"Never judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes but make sure the shoes fit first...."

"Never look down on another human being unless you are there to help them get back up again..."

"Why do ships carry cargo but cars carry shipments?."

Sean D.
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky.banana View Post
Hi,

You are going to get a kicking for this. It would have ben best if you had posted in the original thread and/or kept an eye on what the general consensus on posting threads is.

Forum members are trying to reduce the number of new threads posted in order to improve the search facility and to stop clutter.

As for the answer to your question, not a clue. Sorry.

WB
In the OP's defense, have you seen how big that thread is? It is damn near impossible to get a question answered in there unless a lot of people have the same issues.

TheChampJT
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean D. View Post
In the OP's defense, have you seen how big that thread is? It is damn near impossible to get a question answered in there unless a lot of people have the same issues.
So ask in the "Questions" thread.........

Is a user supposed to post a new thread for every question because the original is a bit too large?

Either way, all S2U2 does is prevent screen taps and turns the display off, it does not interfere with the bluetooth connections.
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Galaxy Tab

EnsconcE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prof.deviant View Post
After many many frustrating days, I have narrowed down a VERY ANNOYING issue with the otherwise BEAUTIFUL S2U2.

If the device is locked for more than 5 minutes, the connection to my bluetooth headset is lost...not just lost, but my phone doesnt even bother to look for it. I have to go through discovery again. Then the process starts all over again...after 5 min...its toast.

I have tried all versions of SU2U all the way up to 1.22. On an HTC PPC6800 (Alltel) running WM 6.0 (6.1 has been delayed by Alltel's cell group)

As soon as I take the SU2U off the phone..it works like a charm.

Any thoughts (or sob stories) would be helpfull
First: What is SU2U?

Second: Do you know which program manages your bluetooth headset and which is using it? Making that difference makes your question easier. Think in terms like what program do i use to connect my bluetooth headset.

Third: Search, search and search. If that is not enough, search more. There are many threads where bluetooth and headseats are discussed. Come back with information from those threads so we do not have to give the same information over and over again. Besides that, doing your own research narrows your problem
Android FTW

warnold007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not sure if you have tried this...

in the S2U2 settings, in the Advanced: section (bottom part)
set "Dont Suspend Power" to ON.

prof.deviant
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking motorola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicken View Post
what bluetooth headset are you using?
motorola H700 C...I have used 2 different ones...same result...

btw...thank you for assisting...to all the belly achers on here about duplicate threads...TAG IT CORRECTLY S IT SHOWS IN SEARCH and I will gladly research them

Tags
bluetooth, headset, htc, ppc6800, su2u