[TUT][HSPL] Hard-SPL Unlocker for Blackstone - Released for 1.56 ROMs too now
MOD EDIT HDuser 02/01/09
This page has gone wiki and can be found here
For a better understanding it is recommended that you read all 3 parts under "Flashing - Changing your device to a new version or language"
on the main wiki page found here
END MOD EDIT
so, yeah, why not do one for this device too
UPDATE: Hard-SPL released!
NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE
UPDATE: New version will work on SPL 1.54 or above ROMS!!!!
so I of course changed the 1.56 rom wiki accordingly to that. (someone can review it if they want)
many thanks to testers for testing!
Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). Thank you!!
0) this package is for Blackstone devices. for any BLAC***** now (SSPL loader checks this).
1) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
2) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, use 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip ) if you want to use new 1.5x ROMs. then extract to an empty folder.
NOTE: 1.14 HSPL (the original Unsigned_HardSPL_for_Blackstone_OliNex.zip) is good for only older ROMs, 1.56 HSPL (HSPLWrapper_Blackstone_156OliNex.zip) is good for newer ROMs. 1.56 is not backwards compatible with old ROMs.
the incompatible ROM will still boot but screen is going to look funny which is a temporary issue but uncomfortable.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
3) run HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is recommended,
4) follow steps in the RUU, check device for prompts after PC shows loading bar, press Yes on phone if asked. please answer with Yes as fast as you can!
5) some notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
6) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.07.OliNex, the SSPL version, which is temporary.
7) in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device.
8) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
9) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.14.OliNex or for new version 1.56.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.
NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is sayingn 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
*important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual SSPL method.
NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.
NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl
or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or blackstone customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.
NOTE 5: for developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as that SPL causes the screen not to turn on after a resume. (maybe solved one day
). so currently, MFG SPL can strictly be used for development and hacking.
- read the instructions above.
- read the instructions above.
- read the instructions above.
nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode
anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.exe from SSPL-Manual-TouchHD.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is showing 1.07.OliNex, run RUU manually. i.e. you launch the Hard-SPL RUU (HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe) on the PC and flash.
general usb connection error problems
if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.07.Olinex screen, then
- try a different USB port
- try different USB cable
- do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
- also do not use USB hub
- you can also try rebooting your PC
- and you can try using another PC.
- also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
- another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but HD still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
- finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
HD specific USB or connection errors:
- as already said, in a bit unusual way, it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device. if not (happens very rarely), wait for RUU to time out (or wait 5 minutes). then remove back cover, reset, it will boot OS again, then you can retry unlocking process from step 1.
- alternatively, launch SSPL-Manual.exe from attachment, run it, wait until 1.07.OliNex tricolour screen says "USB" on it, then run the HardSPLWrapper_Blackstone.exe on the PC.
if SSPL-Manual.exe or Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.
How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!
0. be sure to first restore stock OS, and stock radio. stock SPL is always to be done last!!
1. download your choice of a stock spl package from this post. (currently 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.54)
2. also download the original hardspl
from the attachments in this post.
3. run the hardspl
exe but do not click anything in RUU yet. just let the hardspl
EXE extract the files for flashing.
4. the SPL you want to revert to is a .NBH file, put the stock SPL NBH in the extracted hardspl
package, overwriting the original NBH file in it!
5. continue with the RUU (or if needed, run SSPL-Manual.exe manually, then run RUU when it goes to tricolour 1.07.OliNex screen), it goes to 100%, reboots, done.
+6. to verify, enter bootloader mode, see version number on tricolour screen, should now just say 1.14.0000 or any other version ending in .0000, but not ending in OliNex!
+7. no worries: if your device is stuck in bootloader mode with Hard-SPL and you need warranty service, you can still flash stock SPL.