Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TomTom On HD

Tip us?

davast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks lucas0511, I will have to contact TomTom and get the maps changed over to the new device id.

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.

buggybug0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default latest version/build of TomTom

Just want to do a little research:

what is the latest Version(build) of TomTOm APPLICATION?

What is the Latest Version(build) of TomTom MAP?

SingaporeAirlines
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was just thinking, if I have a TomTom XL Great Britain already, do I have to pay extra for TomTom for my (upcoming) Touch HD?

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingaporeAirlines View Post
I was just thinking, if I have a TomTom XL Great Britain already, do I have to pay extra for TomTom for my (upcoming) Touch HD?
tomtom does not yet support the HD. you will not be able to purchase and install maps, unless anyone has bgot tomtom home to recognise the hd.

mallman
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardsar View Post
tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.
i seem to have installed tomtom 7.4 with no problem.
Like my work? Feeling generous?

By clicking HERE

Device: Note 3
ROM: MyRom
Carrier: T-Mobile

wackyD
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yep, I have tomtom7.4 running now with no problem.

There is considerable lag though - at least 3 seconds..

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallman View Post
i seem to have installed tomtom 7.4 with no problem.
Version 7.4 will install and run on the touch HD, however have you got tomtom home to recognise your device? If so, what version of tomtom home are you using. If not, how have you managed to purchase and install maps? Version 7.9 is the latest, and there are some cabs around that will work on the HD. Version 7.9 greatly improves the gps performance.

I am purely trying to warn people to make sure that they can connect to tomtom home before buying any maps.

JTHM
Old
(Last edited by JTHM; 11th November 2008 at 08:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?
Cheers,
JT
.....runs with scissors - NO FEAR!

Nokia 1610 > Nokia 6110 > Nokia 5110 > Nokia 7110 (The 'Matrix' Phone - still got a brand new, unopened one of these!) > Nokia 6310 > Nokia 7210 > Orange SPV E200 (HTC Voyager)> Orange SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon)> Orange SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel)> Orange M3100 (HTC Hermes/Black Majik ROM) > HTC Touch HD > HTC Desire > Google Nexus S > Google Nexus 4

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?
Tomtom home2.4 checks a file on the pocket pc (navigator.bif) which contains the description of the pocket pc - ie that is where it gets the HTC-Blackstone info from. Home 2.4 uses this file and if it does not see Rapheal or Diamond, it will not allow you connect the device. The bif file is refreshed each time you start ttn7 or connect to pc, so don't bother trying to change it! Version 1.5 obviously does not do this check and allows you to connect.

I do not think you have anything to worry about as long as you purchased the maps in the first place. You are allowed to change your device once every 6 months.