Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

TomTom On HD

OP jaso2005

10th November 2008, 06:06 PM   |  #21  
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Thanks lucas0511, I will have to contact TomTom and get the maps changed over to the new device id.
10th November 2008, 06:45 PM   |  #22  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 109

1,965 posts
More
tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.
10th November 2008, 07:44 PM   |  #23  

221 posts
latest version/build of TomTom
Just want to do a little research:

what is the latest Version(build) of TomTOm APPLICATION?

What is the Latest Version(build) of TomTom MAP?
10th November 2008, 10:01 PM   |  #24  
Flag Hertfordshire

199 posts
More
I was just thinking, if I have a TomTom XL Great Britain already, do I have to pay extra for TomTom for my (upcoming) Touch HD?
10th November 2008, 10:11 PM   |  #25  
Flag Devon

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingaporeAirlines

I was just thinking, if I have a TomTom XL Great Britain already, do I have to pay extra for TomTom for my (upcoming) Touch HD?

tomtom does not yet support the HD. you will not be able to purchase and install maps, unless anyone has bgot tomtom home to recognise the hd.
11th November 2008, 02:27 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 72

1,762 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardsar

tomtom will not support the hd currently. Tomtom home will NOT recognise the HD and therefore you will have no way of downloading purchased maps to your device.

i seem to have installed tomtom 7.4 with no problem.
11th November 2008, 06:16 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 23

231 posts
Yep, I have tomtom7.4 running now with no problem.

There is considerable lag though - at least 3 seconds..
11th November 2008, 07:58 AM   |  #28  
Flag Devon

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallman

i seem to have installed tomtom 7.4 with no problem.

Version 7.4 will install and run on the touch HD, however have you got tomtom home to recognise your device? If so, what version of tomtom home are you using. If not, how have you managed to purchase and install maps? Version 7.9 is the latest, and there are some cabs around that will work on the HD. Version 7.9 greatly improves the gps performance.

I am purely trying to warn people to make sure that they can connect to tomtom home before buying any maps.
11th November 2008, 08:09 AM   |  #29  
Flag Northants
Thanks Meter: 11

225 posts
More
I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?
Last edited by JTHM; 11th November 2008 at 08:11 AM.
11th November 2008, 08:42 AM   |  #30  
Flag Devon

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHM

I tried TomTom HOME 2.4 and it wouldn't recognise either of my PDAs. I went back to my 1.5 version left over from my TTN6 install on my Hermes and this recognises my Touch HD as HTC-Blackstone. It sees my TTN7 application, POIs and voices as you'd hope. I have used it to update my TomTom account with my Touch HD so my My TomTom account is sync'd to my HD - Weather and Buddies now work.

I'm running the demo map at the moment but what is scaring me is I've heard rumours of TomTom HOME being too clever and recognising that any TTN7 map I now purchase is not intended for my device and not allowing me to download/install.

Do I have anything to worry about?

Tomtom home2.4 checks a file on the pocket pc (navigator.bif) which contains the description of the pocket pc - ie that is where it gets the HTC-Blackstone info from. Home 2.4 uses this file and if it does not see Rapheal or Diamond, it will not allow you connect the device. The bif file is refreshed each time you start ttn7 or connect to pc, so don't bother trying to change it! Version 1.5 obviously does not do this check and allows you to connect.

I do not think you have anything to worry about as long as you purchased the maps in the first place. You are allowed to change your device once every 6 months.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread