Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Keep Current GSM dialer or revert to Old CDMA
Yes, keep the GSM dialer 104 58.43%
No, revert to old CDMA 74 41.57%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

*Updated: October 12th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROMs

Tip us?

derekwilkinson
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshinynewtouch View Post
has anyone had any problem while answering on bluetooth - i have had two problems, i have my phone to answer using my bluetooth headset
1. when i answer a incoming call, by default my bluetooth headset does not pick, even though it shows as connected, i have to turn on the use bluetooth option even i have the option to pick up after 2 rings..
2. secondly no matter how manys rings i set to pick up after, it still does not connect me to my bluetooth headset...

never had this problem with 1.08.. been using 1.09 beta 2...

can anyone confirm its working in beta 3 and i can upgrade to that... i am using a sprint ROM...
and any sprint ROM users, how is beta 3 in general ? any problems ?
Try reconfiguring the headset with the phone. (Delete and repair)
HTC Touch (Sprint, Android OS) -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero -> HTC EVO -> Google Nexus S 4G -> Google Galaxy Nexus LTE -> HTC One -> Galaxy Nexus (again) / iPhone 5 -> Red HTC One -> Moto X

NFSFAN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yea, the new 6.5 build even though it isn't usable in its current situation, it has some new additions. New windows live, new outlook live, skyline marketplace a new UI, improved shell. I haven't spent too much time playing with it.
If you like and appreciate my work and effort, please take the time to click on the button. Thank you for your kind support!!!

superman651
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I have a friend that has a verizon vx6900 and he wants to have GPS. I've updated it to my sprint 3.42.30 radio (didn't let the customs run). I think it actually runs a little better than the leaked verizon rom with the GPS hack reconfigured on it. Although that didn't make the GPS work. I now have put NFSFAN's 1.12 b3 rom on it and he loves it but am still trying to figure out how to get his GPS to work. I found this link http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix to get it working but I can't seem to download any of the programs and none of the pictures will appear on the page. I've also heard of a cab file you can install but not sure if its the best to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Ta-mater
Old
(Last edited by Ta-mater; 9th February 2009 at 12:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone else use PCAnywhere?

it used to work just fine on bell's latest stock rom, but after flashing beta3 (first time), it wont connect.....even though it's using same settings as before... just says 'unable to connect'

Is this maybe related to the Latitude connection problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem between the keyboard and chair.

jerdog
Old
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Thanks Meter 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
Just downloaded Sprint 1.09b3. Working well so far.

1. GPS locks in Google in about 4 sec. Much better.
2. No longer overlapping appointments in Touchflo.
3. Programs seem to load quicker.
Where in this topic is the Sprint 1.09b3? I went to page 1, but it only shows 1.08. Searching the thread didn't turn anything up that I could find.

Thanks in advance.

Csquared
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post
Where in this topic is the Sprint 1.09b3? I went to page 1, but it only shows 1.08. Searching the thread didn't turn anything up that I could find.

Thanks in advance.
Goto Page 13

Detroit_Doug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post

Thanks in advance.
Check page 13 in the topic (states it in the first post) thats where all the (b) or Beta versions are available at

Detroit Doug

olografix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit_Doug View Post
What kind of building are you in?
What kinda of signal strength does your phone have there? and is it a "bouncing" signal" (bars jump from 0 to 5 and back to 0 or you bounce from 1X to EV and back

I have a similar issue at home, upstairs next to window is hit-n-miss but downstairs not even near a window is rock solid - phone works like a champ upstairs just aGPS fluctuates

Try it outside directly and see if the aGPS works better there in an open park/parking lot or something first and try and narrow down what and where the issue is occuring at...

Detroit Doug
Hi Detroit Doug, I'm in a office building, mainly concrete I guess. I never lose signal at my desk, a constant 2 to 3 bars on EVDO. As soon as I go outside, I get a sat lock in about 20 seconds, so no complaint there.

My question is aGPS should be using data transfers and triangulation to help determine location, right? If I disable GPS on my device, will aGPS kick in? I doubt it'll work, but I'm willing to play around with it. Is there a way to know "which GPS" is trying to function and determine location?

Tell me if I'm getting this complety wrong!
Thanks.

ScrapMaker
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Ever since I upgraded to the iolite ROMs, I've had problems with programs closing themselves. I even modified the registry entry to disable autokill.

I have to run the following:
ActiveSync - Exchange (as items arrive)
Dashwire - Auto sync
GPSToday - Geotagging pictures
OZ IM - Always connected
SEVEN - gmail (as items arrive)

Quite often, I find one, or even two of these programs have closed themselves... happens 5-10 times each day. This never happened to me before. Is this solely because of the iolite M2D eating up an insane amount of RAM? It's sitting at 74% right now, when previously I'd swear it was at 50%-55%.

I don't understand why programs are closing... I've never seen it go above 80%. If I open up Opera, it's almost gauranteed to kill GPSToday, or Dashwire.

Do I have any options, aside from going back to a previous non-iolite ROM?

ScrapMaker
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by olografix View Post
Hi Detroit Doug, I'm in a office building, mainly concrete I guess. I never lose signal at my desk, a constant 2 to 3 bars on EVDO. As soon as I go outside, I get a sat lock in about 20 seconds, so no complaint there.

My question is aGPS should be using data transfers and triangulation to help determine location, right? If I disable GPS on my device, will aGPS kick in? I doubt it'll work, but I'm willing to play around with it. Is there a way to know "which GPS" is trying to function and determine location?

Tell me if I'm getting this complety wrong!
Thanks.
If your carrier is doing aGPS properly, then you can get GPS, assuming you have cellular signal. If your building is blocking your cell signal, theres pretty much a 0% chance that you will get TRUE GPS either.

That being said, HTC devices don't seem to REALLY do Sprint aGPS. On my M1, which has a similar hybrid aGPS chip, I could get locks in the bottom floors of hotels, in thick concrete buildings, and other crazy places, and it never took longer than 2 seconds to get a lock.

With the Vogue, it takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 20, assuming you are outside, or in a friendly building--near a window/etc..

I miss the true aGPS I sat my phone next to my co-worker's Instinct, in one of our server rooms, and both opened up Sprint Navigation. His locked in less than one second, and mine never locked--ever.

Tags
customer touch rom, fast, good job room 1.28 bell, manilla2d, nfsfan, rom, sprint touch, vogue, vouge, windows mobile 6.5, wm 6.5, xv6900