No, revert to old CDMA 74 41.57%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

*Updated: October 12th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROMs

OP NFSFAN

24th May 2010, 06:31 PM   |  #12941  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Question RADIO
I am with Verizon...what is the best way to get my Touch to the 3.42.50 radio? I tried updating the radio with an RUU and got the error regarding the software I'm using doesn't apply to the phone. That was funny because it was the same RUU that I used to flash the OS. I don't mind putting another temporary ROM on the phone just to ensure the radio updates properly and then I'll drop this ROM on it. Can someone advise who may have already done this please?
24th May 2010, 08:35 PM   |  #12942  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

Uninstall the CDMA home weather fix. Select weather in the weather tab, update it, and then install the cdma home weather fix.

When you say select weather in the weather tab..where exactly is this? I'm in Start/Settings/System and the Manila 2D weather cities editor and simply selected the city I want and saved changes. Maybe I'm missing something. :(
25th May 2010, 12:18 AM   |  #12943  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 4

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernage

I am with Verizon...what is the best way to get my Touch to the 3.42.50 radio? I tried updating the radio with an RUU and got the error regarding the software I'm using doesn't apply to the phone. That was funny because it was the same RUU that I used to flash the OS. I don't mind putting another temporary ROM on the phone just to ensure the radio updates properly and then I'll drop this ROM on it. Can someone advise who may have already done this please?

see here

I used the micro sd with radio only method when I did mine, that way you don't have to reflash or hard reset.

If you want to reflash just flash the bell rom wih the 3.42.50 radio then flash nfsfans rom again.
Last edited by scotttr; 25th May 2010 at 12:26 AM.
25th May 2010, 12:23 AM   |  #12944  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 4

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernage

When you say select weather in the weather tab..where exactly is this? I'm in Start/Settings/System and the Manila 2D weather cities editor and simply selected the city I want and saved changes. Maybe I'm missing something. :(

Are you in manila?
Start/Settings/Today/Items uncheck Windows Default and check TouchFLO exit back to the home screen
Go to the weather tab hit menu and add city.
Then install the weather fix.
26th May 2010, 02:50 AM   |  #12945  
Thanks Meter: 6

74 posts
Exclamation what do?
umm yeah i have an xv6900 or htc vouge, and i have a good enough experience with using it's systems. It has windows 6.1 and I want to get it to this rom thingy :P. But i have no idea about how to install it! Can soemone help me because I don't want to try it and end up destroying my phone . Do I just install the cab?
26th May 2010, 03:21 AM   |  #12946  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 240

1,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt

i think it's actually the rom on the first page. it hasn't been updated in awhile but i'm still running it and it's great. although i might be waving goodbye to my touch when the evo releases in a couple weeks.

if you think it is "Great" then you should flash to Android, ASAP. I hated the idea of Android - then I flashed - now I had the idea of WinMo, lol. The ONLY thing I use this WinMo ROM for now is flashing to it between Android ROMs so I can update my roaming capability....so, WinMo is on my phone for about 5 minutes per month, lol.
26th May 2010, 03:28 AM   |  #12947  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 240

1,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by local444

umm yeah i have an xv6900 or htc vouge, and i have a good enough experience with using it's systems. It has windows 6.1 and I want to get it to this rom thingy :P. But i have no idea about how to install it! Can soemone help me because I don't want to try it and end up destroying my phone . Do I just install the cab?

It is a Multi step process. First you have to "unlock" your phone with a program called "2.31 coKe HardSPL" You can find it on the main Forum for Vogue hacking. Then you flash to RADIO rom "VOGUIMG.nbh" via the SD card. Then you flash a custom ROM, like the one on the first post in this page, using a utility called "RUU" (Rom Update Utility), common for all WM ROMs. I would recommend reading the sticky's in the Vogue Upgrade forum on both this site and ppcgeeks.com before attempting anything. Make yourself familiar with the lingo, terms, etc. before trying to do it to your phone. Do not do anything until you can define the following terms: ROM, Radio ROM, WM, WinMo, (rootFS), (SQSH), Flashing/Flash, RUU, (NAND), NBH File, ActiveSync, Cook/Cooks, Kitchen, Carrier, Carrier cab, EPST, QPST, MIP Settings, PRI version, PRL, ESN, etc...

The ones in parenthesis "(xxx)" are related to Android flashing, but many terms are interchangeable. I do not want to discourage you, but you really have to dive headlong into this stuff to be certain you won't brick your phone - and even then, some of the developers on here have bricked their phones. Good luck
Last edited by crobs808; 26th May 2010 at 03:31 AM.
26th May 2010, 04:34 PM   |  #12948  
Flag Lubbock Tx
Thanks Meter: 18

495 posts
I have flashed this rom to sprint cdma and the flash went fine but I cannot get past the align screen where you tap the +. It goes in a loop where it never gets any further. I flashed over the warm donut android program. I tried a hard reset but i am still stuck on the align screen.
how can i get the nfsfan rom to work?
26th May 2010, 05:26 PM   |  #12949  
Flag La Crosse
Thanks Meter: 8

350 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez

I have flashed this rom to sprint cdma and the flash went fine but I cannot get past the align screen where you tap the +. It goes in a loop where it never gets any further. I flashed over the warm donut android program. I tried a hard reset but i am still stuck on the align screen.
how can i get the nfsfan rom to work?

Sounds like you have something wrong with your screen... Try another WM ROM and see if that helps.

Tip when doing a screen Calibration, tap the "cross" real soft...
You might be able to just skip the calibration by resetting your phone??? Not too sure though.
26th May 2010, 10:19 PM   |  #12950  
Flag Santa Clara
Thanks Meter: 11

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808

if you think it is "Great" then you should flash to Android, ASAP. I hated the idea of Android - then I flashed - now I had the idea of WinMo, lol. The ONLY thing I use this WinMo ROM for now is flashing to it between Android ROMs so I can update my roaming capability....so, WinMo is on my phone for about 5 minutes per month, lol.

I tried updating my roaming capabilities with *228 in Android(myn's) and it acted just as if I did it through WinMo.... Did it really update you think?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customer touch rom, fast, good job room 1.28 bell, manilla2d, nfsfan, rom, sprint touch, vogue, vouge, windows mobile 6.5, wm 6.5, xv6900
Previous Thread Next Thread