Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED 10-06-08] Radio Thread!!

Tip us?

damnitpud
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Were you using your phone in the rain or maybe sweating a lot while talking on it? I had a friend who got water in the Mic and had a similiar issue.

d00rkn0b
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitpud View Post
Well did another day of testing with 03.21.90 and this has to be the crappiest radio! I have had nothing but problems! I used to have a problem making calls, where the phone dials but you don't hear it, the person picks up and all you can hear is a click then nothing, but the other person hears you fine! I have not had this problem in quite sometime! I am not 100% on it but i think i was using 03.21.90 at the time of this issue before! Not only that but i tried making a phone call in an area where i get a bar or less. well i normally start my call at this spot and then walk 3 flights of stairs to an outside smoking section! all the other radios seemed to show the proper amount of bars and as i get closer to outside the bars go up! Not with 03.21.90 i had to restart the phone to make a call! I am not sure if its because i tried to make a call when there wasn't a signal but were bars!

Also the battery is eaten up a lot more. My battery is at 76% at 3:30PM today. I had 03.18.90 and I used my phone more yesterday and at 9PM last night my battery was at 73%

As i was typing this out my battery went to 75% =) damn 03.21.90!

My verdict is 03.18.90 as the king of radios! I would love for someone else to give this a try. All i did was flash my radio before i went to bed, charged the phone overnight then did what i normally do the next day!
Switched to 03.18.90 two days ago. Signal is more stable but it is definitely slurping up the battery. Went from 58% last night to 10% now with only about ten minutes of talking. Might just switch back to 03.12.90 since it was definitely more energy conservative. Anyone else have a similar experience?

btw, will not dare try the 03.21.90 since it seems to be more power hungry than 03.18.90!

Tribulattifather
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,834

DONATE TO ME
@ wujun0122..

If no one else has posted after you, remember to hit the edit button if your thoughts are relevant.
My Mega File Host - HTC One Mini (M4) Working Folder.
My Android File Host - Evo 3D Cdma (SHOOTER)Working Folder Mirror 2.
My Google Drive - HD2 Android (LEO)Working Folder.
My Dev Host - Droid Inc (INC)Working Folder.