Question for the ROM testers on the board
Let me start out by saying thank you to everyone that contributes to this board...from the big ROM projects, down to the small Registry tweaks. i haven't taken time in my life to learn the scripting languages of the WM devices. i hope as my kids get older, I can start to master it the way I have in Windows and HTML. In the mean time, I have determined it is time to get off the stock ROM, and go cooked.
I know several people have tested the two big ROM releases for the TP. I ultimately want to be on the one from the Elite Team, simply because I donated. In the mean time, I want to see which ROM suits me best. Again, I am not asking which is better. Both are fantastic simply because I have heard great feedback on both threads.
Here is what I use my device for, so help me select the best ROM for my needs between the ROMeOS or DCS. Needs are as follows, but not in order of priority:
1. stable phone, which includes stable ringing, ability to threeway, and a guaranteed response to the Mute button
2. Email, pulled hourly on my EDGE network. this is very important that I have no issues with email (more than the stock ROM already has)
3. Stock weather tab and contents for 5 cities (as available in stock ROM)
4. Contact tab, calendar tab, program tab, and SMS tab with little to no changes
5. RSS feed
6. Google Maps with GPS
7. Strong WiFi and BlueTooth connectivity (for home internet use, hands free, and BT sync with ActiveSync)
Overall, I use this phone to keep in touch with my wife, kids, and work associates via phone, texting, and email. Entertainment is limited to Internet use (for E*Trade and YouTube). I have music and three compressed DVDs on my MicroSD, but listen/watch maybe 30 mins a week if that (unless business has me traveling). I enjoy the TF3D, and want to keep it. Stability is more important than anything, especially for my Alarms and Reminders. Games and what not mean nothing to me.
I am not out to start a battle of who's ROM is better, just don't have time to test between the two. I want to load, and customize on Sunday so I can be back to work at 100% on Monday. I know this phone is the most amazing phone I have ever owned, but know it is capable of so much more. this thread is to determine which chef baked the best ROM for my needs.
Thanks in advance to all ROM testers, and everyone that contributed as chefs.