Help! Screen or Digiziter broken?

OP thehomeofDob

8th October 2008, 09:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I'm after sitting sleeping on my Diamond. Took a nap on the couch, woke up and found my diamonds screen unresponsive. Now I'm not sure if I've broken just the digitizer or the LCD too.

Basically - when you look at the screen, there's an edge of about 3/4 of a centimetre around the outside of the screen that's okay. But a large rectangular shape on the inside that's all multi coloured - like spilled oil. I'm thinking this because i've broken the LCD but I see no cracks. Inside this rectangle is a pattern of dots - evenly spaced colums and rows, but only where I can see the colour.

I've only had this thing a month Please don't tell me I need to go spend 60 on ebay to replace the LCD and Digitizer

I'll try and take pictures tonight.
8th October 2008, 10:35 AM   |  #2  

13 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432559
14th October 2008, 02:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag DXB

238 posts
More
Well I guess My poor diamond is also down for the count the touch screen is not responsive at all I tried a soft reset so many times I removed the battery and then put it back and still the touch screen is not responsive.... Oh boy wht a day today and craped up luck too I went to the service center and they said they will need to chk and get back after 3 days wht a bummer anyway I'll need to backup all my contacts thru this software MyMobiler which can access my mobile from the computer then I can back up everything and I'll get my old trusty HTC Touch out now and start using it....
12th February 2009, 04:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 2

63 posts
More
Has anyone mounted a new digitizer screen on an diamond?

my digitizer is cracked and a newone cost about 20 euro better than a complete lcd with digitizer for 45 euro

but i cant find anywhere pictures or information about this.

i swaped quite a fiew digitizers in the past, p3300 and touch and the good old 9100

but this is something else
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread