FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

sound in skyfire stopped working!

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Madzilla, Member on 9th October 2008, 04:12 AM
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have been using skyfire for a while now and it has been awesome. but today i went to use it and there is no sound. everything else on my phone that has sound works. i have no installed anything or changed anything since last time i used it so it should work.

9th October 2008, 07:33 AM |#2  

More
Click Menu then Action see if Mute is checked.
9th October 2008, 06:22 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
its not muted. I made sure phone volume was 100%. SKyfire was unmuted so i tried muting and unmuting t osee if it was just glitching. i reinstalled skyfire. nothing. i love skyfire but i need sound
9th October 2008, 09:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
they are having audio sever problem. try to restart Skyfire few times until it connects.
10th October 2008, 06:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madzilla

its not muted. I made sure phone volume was 100%. SKyfire was unmuted so i tried muting and unmuting t osee if it was just glitching. i reinstalled skyfire. nothing. i love skyfire but i need sound

If Settings/Advanced Options/"Hint for mobile version of pages" is checked, it seems to kill the sound. Unchecking it fixed my sound problems.

--
FB
10th October 2008, 07:54 AM |#6  

More
it happened to me too
what you have to do is a soft reset on the phone then it works again. it's a glitch.
12th October 2008, 03:25 AM |#7  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinreyes

what you have to do is a soft reset on the phone then it works again. it's a glitch.

This seems to be the only way to resolve the glitch.
12th October 2008, 05:50 PM |#8  
Flag BOS
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i experienced this problem when using wifi for skyfire. i resolved it by listening to a song on windows media player while opening skyfire and as i navigate to the video or audio page. once the page loads and starts (and when i see the little speaker appear at the bottom right of the screen), i switch to and close wmp and then watch the media with sound on skyfire.
14th October 2008, 11:30 AM |#9  

More
same as you...no audio ,no mute no wmp running,and softrestart also not wok
23rd October 2008, 01:05 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Me too. no sound.
I'm stuck too...No sound. Help gentelmrn.
23rd October 2008, 01:37 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
I dont know what the problem was one day it wasnt working another day it was and no problems since. I think it was some kind of fluke or maybe they were doing something with their server that prevented me from getting the audio stream.

Read More
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread