Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UTIL] PatchSplash v0.1 - flash custom splash screen w/o old splash at the bottom!

Tip us?

Desperado1987
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcsabre View Post
The final size of the .nb file is 655360 The size of the .nbh file is entirely different so yes, the one posted is safe.

Thanks navyguy, I'll add it up in the list!

The best you can do is open the original windows splash file, copy and paste the picture you want, then save it. It seems you're doing it in a wrong PNG format.
Thanx m8, that was a good idea, that helped me alot. Now the resolution is good, but there is another thing. I still see the start bar above the screen. If you now also now a solution for this, that would be great.
Otherwise I just leave it like this...

pfcsabre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado1987 View Post
Thanx m8, that was a good idea, that helped me alot. Now the resolution is good, but there is another thing. I still see the start bar above the screen. If you now also now a solution for this, that would be great.
Otherwise I just leave it like this...
I don't get what you mean can you post a screenshot of this? The only time I know the start bar and the splash screen is shown at the same time on startup is the ROM is not properly ported

Desperado1987
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I don't get what you mean can you post a screenshot of this? The only time I know the start bar and the splash screen is shown at the same time on startup is the ROM is not properly ported
I soft resetted to make a screenshot, and it appeared to be ok now. Did it 3 times. It stays like that, so the problem is solved. Thanx for the help!

nitroblu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
The final size of the .nb file is 655360 The size of the .nbh file is entirely different so yes, the one posted is safe.
thanks for hte help

pfcsabre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroblu View Post
thanks for hte help
sorry for the late reply, was busy with the ROM cooking

nitroblu
Old
(Last edited by nitroblu; 13th December 2008 at 01:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
sorry for the late reply, was busy with the ROM cooking
tha's ok, i understand

does anyone have the actual splash screen of the default HTC Touch Pro one posted in the 1st post? I want to use it as the 3rd start up splash screen too, but I can't find a picture of it anywhere...

EDIT: nvm, i just extracted teh nbh file and reversed it back to bmp , stupid me

TriAxisFL
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey pfcsabre,
I've already burnt a few new Splash screens, thanks so much. I did have a question though. Currently we have to use the Custom Wrapper to install these. Is there a way we can install these directly from our SD cards. Similar to installing a ROM from the SD card. That way we could quickly change our boot screens on the go.

Possibly just rename the splash we want to install to RALPHIMG.nbh and move it to the root of the SD and boot from the SD. If we did this would it only replace the Splash?
Samsung Focus w/ PDA Unlimited Data Plan
Tweaked to allow HSUPA connections.

creedin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriAxisFL View Post
Hey pfcsabre,
I've already burnt a few new Splash screens, thanks so much. I did have a question though. Currently we have to use the Custom Wrapper to install these. Is there a way we can install these directly from our SD cards. Similar to installing a ROM from the SD card. That way we could quickly change our boot screens on the go.

Possibly just rename the splash we want to install to RALPHIMG.nbh and move it to the root of the SD and boot from the SD. If we did this would it only replace the Splash?
it should work just fine, its just like flashing from the pc or from sd, does the same thing both places... maybe make backups and test?

i see no problem with it

pfcsabre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriAxisFL View Post
Hey pfcsabre,

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedin View Post
it should work just fine, its just like flashing from the pc or from sd, does the same thing both places... maybe make backups and test?

i see no problem with it
Yep, that's right you can safely flash it via SD method What I do is put my personal details in the Splash screen (name, address, phone) so it's kind of hardcoded

prisoner881
Old
Thanks Meter 12
The stock AT&T Fuze had an ugly, annoying, animated 3G splash screen of some sort. I'm glad it's gone, but is there a way to replace it with some other kind of animated splash? I do 3D graphics work and I'm considering making a slick logo/animation for NATF's ROM's.