Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Automatic Screenlocker

Tip us?

emwdava
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Automatic Screenlocker

1 thing that bugs me about the X1 is that when I make a call or receive a call I press the display with my ear and I'm entering menues and possibly even changing settings without knowing it.

Is there a way to automatically lock the screen when making a call or receiving a call? (like it's done with the power button)

Any help is appreciated

jeeves5454
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It should be possible to steal the registry settings from a TyTn 2 device or Touch Pro for that setting. Anyone here know the specific registry settings?

As an alternative search the Kaiser forums, someone over there will have the details.

Naffets
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My x1 does this anyway

After being on a call for around seven seconds, the screen locks and only activates again by pressing power, hang up or answer call (Green/pickup)

No idea if this is intended...but its certainly a good idea.

emwdava
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeves5454 View Post
It should be possible to steal the registry settings from a TyTn 2 device or Touch Pro for that setting. Anyone here know the specific registry settings?

As an alternative search the Kaiser forums, someone over there will have the details.
I found this over at the Kaiser forum: S2U2
This app has the screenlock/screenpoweroff feature among others. Check it out. It's free too!

Thank you for the replies!

Keland44
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwdava View Post
I found this over at the Kaiser forum: S2U2
This app has the screenlock/screenpoweroff feature among others. Check it out. It's free too!

Thank you for the replies!
would this work on the x1 i know it only supports qvga and vga devices i'm not sure if AC's released a version compatible with wvga phones yet if so this app is a must have

emwdava
Old
(Last edited by emwdava; 23rd October 2008 at 01:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keland44 View Post
would this work on the x1 i know it only supports qvga and vga devices i'm not sure if AC's released a version compatible with wvga phones yet if so this app is a must have
I works on the X1, but sometimes the app fails to bring itself to the front. So it appears nothing happened when in fact the display is locked. This happens alot in landscape. To set things right again just go to portrait mode and tap the iLock icon twice (if it's already running it will shutdown itself, tap again and it starts).

EDIT!!
I found a fix for the landscape bug. Change display from direct draw to Raw Buffer.

Kevin_seymer
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffets View Post
My x1 does this anyway

After being on a call for around seven seconds, the screen locks and only activates again by pressing power, hang up or answer call (Green/pickup)

No idea if this is intended...but its certainly a good idea.

Mine does the same, it turns off and I must press the power button to activate again..
Sweden
Three (3)
SE X1
HTC Magic
HTC Desire (LeeDrOiD V2.1a)
Galaxy S2 (CheckRom RevoHD)
Galaxy S3 (XliteRom V6.0)

Paitor
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I think that S2U2 was fun for a while but nothing more than that. What i wan't is something that uses the standard lock activated by the "No"-key and turns it on automatic. Dosen't some other WM phone have these issues?

sthoeft
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwdava View Post
EDIT!!
I found a fix for the landscape bug. Change display from direct draw to Raw Buffer.
Thanks, got the same Problem and this solved it!
Philips Nino > Compaq Ipaq > MDA Compact > vergessen > Sony Xperia X1 > Nexus one > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S4 active > Sony Xperia Z1

wingnutLP
Old
Thanks Meter 4
on my trinity it was all well and good until you need to type in an account number or credit card details while using the phone to call a bank or make a payment!