Automatic Screenlocker

OP emwdava

22nd October 2008, 04:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alingsås
Thanks Meter: 4

358 posts
More
1 thing that bugs me about the X1 is that when I make a call or receive a call I press the display with my ear and I'm entering menues and possibly even changing settings without knowing it.

Is there a way to automatically lock the screen when making a call or receiving a call? (like it's done with the power button)

Any help is appreciated
22nd October 2008, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
More
It should be possible to steal the registry settings from a TyTn 2 device or Touch Pro for that setting. Anyone here know the specific registry settings?

As an alternative search the Kaiser forums, someone over there will have the details.
22nd October 2008, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

133 posts
My x1 does this anyway

After being on a call for around seven seconds, the screen locks and only activates again by pressing power, hang up or answer call (Green/pickup)

No idea if this is intended...but its certainly a good idea.
22nd October 2008, 10:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alingsås

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeves5454

It should be possible to steal the registry settings from a TyTn 2 device or Touch Pro for that setting. Anyone here know the specific registry settings?

As an alternative search the Kaiser forums, someone over there will have the details.

I found this over at the Kaiser forum: S2U2
This app has the screenlock/screenpoweroff feature among others. Check it out. It's free too!

Thank you for the replies!
22nd October 2008, 11:39 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 18

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwdava

I found this over at the Kaiser forum: S2U2
This app has the screenlock/screenpoweroff feature among others. Check it out. It's free too!

Thank you for the replies!

would this work on the x1 i know it only supports qvga and vga devices i'm not sure if AC's released a version compatible with wvga phones yet if so this app is a must have
23rd October 2008, 12:23 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alingsås

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keland44

would this work on the x1 i know it only supports qvga and vga devices i'm not sure if AC's released a version compatible with wvga phones yet if so this app is a must have

I works on the X1, but sometimes the app fails to bring itself to the front. So it appears nothing happened when in fact the display is locked. This happens alot in landscape. To set things right again just go to portrait mode and tap the iLock icon twice (if it's already running it will shutdown itself, tap again and it starts).

EDIT!!
I found a fix for the landscape bug. Change display from direct draw to Raw Buffer.
Last edited by emwdava; 23rd October 2008 at 01:24 AM.
23rd October 2008, 12:35 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

316 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffets

My x1 does this anyway

After being on a call for around seven seconds, the screen locks and only activates again by pressing power, hang up or answer call (Green/pickup)

No idea if this is intended...but its certainly a good idea.

Mine does the same, it turns off and I must press the power button to activate again..
26th October 2008, 11:56 AM   |  #8  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 35

496 posts
More
I think that S2U2 was fun for a while but nothing more than that. What i wan't is something that uses the standard lock activated by the "No"-key and turns it on automatic. Dosen't some other WM phone have these issues?
9th November 2008, 11:19 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwdava

EDIT!!
I found a fix for the landscape bug. Change display from direct draw to Raw Buffer.

Thanks, got the same Problem and this solved it!
9th November 2008, 12:36 PM   |  #10  

96 posts
on my trinity it was all well and good until you need to type in an account number or credit card details while using the phone to call a bank or make a payment!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread