Originally Posted by mdelleman
Has this been posted anywhere else? Why is it a October 15 \ 08 ROM and hasn't been up until now?
Any idea on any changes?
Can I flash this with 3.56 HARD SPL?
I just download it from HTC-hongkong web site, i think hongkong haven't release 6.1 official rom before, so that's a official release for hongkong I think.
This is what I get from the website.
HTC TyTN II English ROM Code Update (10/15/08)
ROM version: 3.34.721.2 WWE
ROM date: 10/03/08
Radio Version : 25.83.40.02H_1.70.19.09
* You can check device ROM version from Start -> Setting -> System -> Device Information -> Version.
1. Upgrade operating system to Windows Mobile 6.1
IMPORTANT! - please read these instructions carefully before updating your device
1. VERY IMPORTANT! - All files and software on the device will be lost after the update. Please ensure a copy of your important files is backed-up somewhere else.
2. Download the .exe file.
3. The ROM Code can only be updated on HTC TyTN II Hong Kong English Version Device
4. Ensure Activesync v4.5 (or higher) is installed on PC/laptop for OS WinXP and below. For Windows Vista and above there is no need to install ActiveSync.
5. Connect HTC TyTN II to PC/laptop.
6. VERY IMPORTANT! - Ensure your device is connected properly to the PC/laptop.
7. Make sure the battery is charged to at least 50%.
8. Double-click on the .exe file to run the update utility.
9. Please close all programs on your PC/laptop when running the update utility.
10. VERY IMPORTANT! - Do not unplug the device when the update process is running, doing so may damage the device.
11. After updating, the device will reboot, this is normal.
12. After ROM code update, application installed from "Application Disc" will no longer exist. Please re-install from Disc and follow origin steps when you first use.
13. After ROM code update, please download and install Sprite Backup updated version 6.2 to backup data to the internal storage or a computer.
I haven't try it, will try when I got time.