FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

 View Poll Results: Which Radio do "you" find the best.

1.02.25.19 Raphael
 
406 Vote(s)
16.80%
1.02.25.27 Raphael
 
34 Vote(s)
1.41%
1.02.25.31 Raphael
 
59 Vote(s)
2.44%
1.02.25.28 Raphael
 
378 Vote(s)
15.65%
1.02.25.32 Raphael
 
483 Vote(s)
19.99%
1.03.25.18 Diamond
 
32 Vote(s)
1.32%
1.09.25.14 Blackstone
 
148 Vote(s)
6.13%
1.05.25.BS14 Diamond
 
31 Vote(s)
1.28%
1.09.25.23 Diamond
 
107 Vote(s)
4.43%
1.08.25.08 Diamond
 
51 Vote(s)
2.11%
1.06.25.29 Xperia
 
94 Vote(s)
3.89%
1.09.25.13 Quartz
 
52 Vote(s)
2.15%
1.08.25.20M1 Raphael
 
541 Vote(s)
22.39%

[RADIO]Raphael Radio Thread - Latest Raphael 1.13.25.55 Radio [27 November 2009]

1,427 posts
Thanks Meter: 420
 
By RavenY2K3, Senior Member on 25th October 2008, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th January 2009, 02:24 PM |#1021  
xcsdm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

It is my pleasure. You guys have no idea how far a simple Thank You goes. Those things are few and far between these days which is really sad. BTW, Thank You for the Thank you's.

Thank you for thanking those who gave thanks.



But now, I'm a little confused on the RIL dll relationship to the radios. does the ril actually change when a rom has a new radio? Or is it more of a device specific, RAPH, HD, DIAMOND, etc. file?

XC
 
 
27th January 2009, 02:32 PM |#1022  
mindfrost82's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

posting from the road..

re: rilphone.dll:
if the chef has patched nk.exe in your rom to skip security checks, you can simply copy rilphone.dll to device as rilphone2.dll
or similar, and change the registry to point to that, soft reset..

Any idea what that registry setting is?
27th January 2009, 02:35 PM |#1023  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
**If you want to Flash a Non Raphael Radio then your phone MUST be Security Unlocked
Sorry but i have been a member on this forum from that i had my kaiser phone. But it seems i cant find the solution how to SECURITY UNLOCK my new touch pro.
Tried to install blackstone radio because i have no GPS fix at all sometimes after i pair of minutes it gets fixed then losses fix again. Tried to install the radio but of course got an error message ( thought id bricket the phone for a couple of minutes there :).
Thanks in advance for any help or pointing me in the right direction.
27th January 2009, 02:35 PM |#1024  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82

Any idea what that registry setting is?

Must be HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL, key Dll
27th January 2009, 02:36 PM |#1025  
P1Tater's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag In UR Head
Thanks Meter: 664
 
More
For those interested in the rilphone.dll's of the 4 different Blackstone Radios.

It takes a little time to find the shipped roms with the radios included, extract the dll's, zip and post, so this is it for now. If anyone really needs another one, just shoot me a PM and I will do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

The dll's are hidden system files so unless you have your OS set to view these, you won't see the files after you extract them. Just a friendly reminder.

Cheers.
27th January 2009, 02:37 PM |#1026  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsxr77

Sorry but i have been a member on this forum from that i had my kaiser phone. But it seems i cant find the solution how to SECURITY UNLOCK my new touch pro.
Tried to install blackstone radio because i have no GPS fix at all sometimes after i pair of minutes it gets fixed then losses fix again. Tried to install the radio but of course got an error message ( thought id bricket the phone for a couple of minutes there :).
Thanks in advance for any help or pointing me in the right direction.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426609
27th January 2009, 02:50 PM |#1027  
mindfrost82's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

For those interested in the rilphone.dll's of the 4 different Blackstone Radios.

It takes a little time to find the shipped roms with the radios included, extract the dll's, zip and post, so this is it for now. If anyone really needs another one, just shoot me a PM and I will do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

The dll's are hidden system files so unless you have your OS set to view these, you won't see the files after you extract them. Just a friendly reminder.

Cheers.

Thanks! I'll copy this over and use the registry hack. Unfortunately I can't try GPS until I head home, which is about 7 hours from now
27th January 2009, 02:57 PM |#1028  
mindfrost82's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Well renaming it to rilphone2.dll and changing that reg setting didn't work on the PROven 1.14a ROM. I don't get cell service now lol.

EDIT: The phone radio wasn't on and it won't turn on. When I try through the comm mgr I just get the spinny circle then it goes away and the radio still isn't on.
Last edited by mindfrost82; 27th January 2009 at 02:59 PM.
27th January 2009, 03:03 PM |#1029  
P1Tater's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag In UR Head
Thanks Meter: 664
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82

Well renaming it to rilphone2.dll and changing that reg setting didn't work on the PROven 1.14a ROM. I don't get cell service now lol.

EDIT: The phone radio wasn't on and it won't turn on. When I try through the comm mgr I just get the spinny circle then it goes away and the radio still isn't on.

Didn't work on Monx 1.70.3 rom as well. Same result as you.
27th January 2009, 04:02 PM |#1030  
AllTheWay's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82

Well renaming it to rilphone2.dll and changing that reg setting didn't work on the PROven 1.14a ROM. I don't get cell service now lol.

EDIT: The phone radio wasn't on and it won't turn on. When I try through the comm mgr I just get the spinny circle then it goes away and the radio still isn't on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater

Didn't work on Monx 1.70.3 rom as well. Same result as you.


I also tried this on the Blackstone. Same result. I assume this is a file that needs to be cooked in. However on my device I simply replace the .dll file and didn't rename it rilphone2.dll
27th January 2009, 04:41 PM |#1031  
mindfrost82's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

I also tried this on the Blackstone. Same result. I assume this is a file that needs to be cooked in. However on my device I simply replace the .dll file and didn't rename it rilphone2.dll

It didn't work by replacing the file either?

I manually renamed it to rilphone2.dll and changed that registry key and it didn't work. I didn't try overwriting my existing file.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc raphael swedish rom, radio
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes