[ROM]HTC Blackstone - Stock - English - 1.14.405.0 ROM

Search This thread
I would like to use ImgFsTools to extract the OS.bin file from this rom so that i can test it on an emulator (windows mobile 6 sdk)

I extracted 03_OS.nb from the RUU_signed.nbh that comes in this rom however I'm not sure how to use the NBSplit
I tryied to NBSplit.exe -sp 03_OS.nb
i get 03_OS.nb.payload (132MB)

then i try to ImgfsFromNb.exe 03_OS.nb.payload test.bin

and i get
Code:
ImgfsFromNb 2.1rc2
ImgFs partition starts at 0x00000000 and ends at 0x00000000
Dumping IMGFS at offset 0x007897a8 (size 0xff876858)

Done!

and the test.bin file comes a 0 byte file

I'm guessing the problem is with NBSplit, any ideas on how to make this work right?

thank you in advance!

ps. Please dont be hard on me, this is the first time I'm working with these tools and I'm a total noob on these :p plz be gentle

Edit:
From the read me file i realised i need to know the following:
Code:
The -data and -extra options are for future devices for which there is not yet explicit support built into NBSplit: when a new device appears on the market, it's easy to find out the sector size and extra data size, and so NBSplit can be used right away (hopefully).
As an example, for Hermes the payload-chunk-size is 0x200, the extra-chunk-size is 0x08. For Kaiser it is 0x800 and 0x08.

Anyone knows how to find payload-chunk-size and the extra-chunk-size for Blackstone? thanks again!

Last edited:
use nbsplit -kaiser os.nb

thank you :D

EDIT:

Ok the extracted bin seems ok because after i did ImgfsToDump the files in the dump dir all seem fine.

However when i try to load the .bin to the device emu DeviceEmulator.exe "D:\Blackstone\test.bin" /cpucore ARMv6 /memsize 256 /video 480x800x16

I get "Invalid image file type; must be either .bin or .nb0 file."

So my next question is, this type of bin file extracted with the imgfstools is different format/type than the ones the emulator uses to run? Do I need to do some other kind of conversion to the .bin file?

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Tuspidin your Timing is impeccable.

Thanks for Sharing.

Oeh Very Nice indeed HTC took the Time to separate everything for my already ;)

Like their New Cleanliness instead of the old "let's dump everything into OEMAPPS.

Last edited:

ryousuke

Aug 25, 2007
hopefully someone can export it to the diamond :D

where's swiftblade when u need him...

C

conflipper

hopefully someone can export it to the diamond :D

where's swiftblade when u need him...

i already had it on a CDMA diamond, it is nice. couldnt quite get album to work, and some of the graphics need resize, but new keyboard with arrows at bottom is nice.

new opera build 2649. it is up over at ppcgeeks. new camera, all kind of new things. also a new BPP 1.68 instead of the old 1.65.

so that is a lil preview of it all. hope it helps.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Yes Volume Control and Social networking are Working.

I'm sharing these but you have do do a little searching.

To Bad the Phone Canvas has this weird Resolution.

Social networking only shows up with Youtube on my device even after replicating the Values in registry.

New Camera has some functions disabled by default.

Last edited: