XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

End key button - press hard to register

Tip us?

suprax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default End key button - press hard to register

Recently the end key button on my Titan has become a button that I need to press with a good amount of force on the very left or right side of it to have it work. I have ruled out a ROM problem (was using a prior DCD rom, now using 3.2.6) and I have never dropped my phone or had any extreme pressure/vibrations.

Has anyone else has this happen? The button still sounds like it clicks like all of the other buttons. Are there instructions out there for taking apart the Titan, or at least the front of it?

blksprk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprax View Post
Recently the end key button on my Titan has become a button that I need to press with a good amount of force on the very left or right side of it to have it work. I have ruled out a ROM problem (was using a prior DCD rom, now using 3.2.6) and I have never dropped my phone or had any extreme pressure/vibrations.

Has anyone else has this happen? The button still sounds like it clicks like all of the other buttons. Are there instructions out there for taking apart the Titan, or at least the front of it?
how do you carry your phone? My VZW case would press my down arrow in and that caused alot of issues with the arrow. might be your case just wearing it out. remember, you dont have to drop it to wear out the metal contact underneath the button.

suprax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksprk View Post
how do you carry your phone? My VZW case would press my down arrow in and that caused alot of issues with the arrow. might be your case just wearing it out. remember, you dont have to drop it to wear out the metal contact underneath the button.
I carry is in my right side pocket in my pants, without anything else in there (keys, etc). I've had it since January of this year and babied it pretty well so I'm just surprised that with normal usage the button would become that hard to press.

I guess my options are taking it apart to look or bringing it to Verizon.

somethingnew1983
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i posted a similar thread about the End key not to long ago... I had to press it extra hard to get it to register, then it just finally stopped working... i then had to use the touch screen end button... I got tired of it, so i took it back to sprint and they replaced my Mogul for free (as of 10/27/08). i also had issue with my keyboard, which keep repeating certain letters and having to type very hard to make them work. I searched and found a zip-file program that fixed that issue... but if you cant find a solution to the End Key problem, take it back to the store and let them handle it.

stratman71
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The Titan keyfix cab has fixed many of our problems with the keyboard and hard keys. Worth a shot I guess...
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Titan_KeyFix.cab - [Click for QR Code] (199.8 KB, 10 views)

salamay
Old
Thanks Meter 0
was your phone insured to be replaced?