5,605,766 Members 48,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is anybody else annoyed that the mobile Google Earth app is only for iPhone?

Tip us?
 
chefgon
Old
#1  
chefgon's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Is anybody else annoyed that the mobile Google Earth app is only for iPhone?

What's the point of Google having its own mobile platform if they give one of their coolest apps exclusively to their competitor? I know that Google likes to make their services available on as many platforms as possible, but it would be nice if they would at least announce that an Android version is in the works. I'm totally jealous.
 
add3421
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wilmington!
Lol, yeah i herd about that, and street view is coming to the iphone soon....


Nexus 4

Galaxy Nexus

HTC Doubleshot A.K.A. T-Mobile TouchMe

T-Mobile G2

Samsung Vibrant - POS

Nexus One

HTC Dream G1

T-Mobile Wing

T-Mobile Dash
 
chefgon
Old
#3  
chefgon's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 100
Join Date: Oct 2008
I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.
 
benmyers2941
Old
#4  
benmyers2941's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefgon View Post
I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.
I agree, but I have a feeling that they've been working on that for a while. I'm sure the Android version will be along before too long.
 
twosixths
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 61
Join Date: Oct 2008
Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;)
 
usmc2k
Old
#6  
usmc2k's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 344
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I.E.
Ive seen the earth view and its not all that kool.... it jus zooms in automatically then lets u surf over houses etc..... u cant look at a front door like our street maps... dont know y everyones mad the g1 dosnt have it plus the g1 is still new be patient : )
 
punkzanyj
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 93
Join Date: Feb 2008
well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.
 
satru
Old
(Last edited by satru; 30th October 2008 at 04:02 AM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 289
Join Date: Apr 2008
when you try to going to google earth from browser in clasic google website ,and select street view ,the phone show you that need adobe flash player 9, for that can show streetview with the picture of the street





Quote:
Originally Posted by punkzanyj View Post
well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.
 
blahzay_blah
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 169
Join Date: Aug 2007
jeez people lol i mean the G1 is just the first device with android os, you cant get upset with google if google decides to put their fingers in everything. G1 is one fo the coolest phones out right now and it will only get better, u can count on that. Google wont let you down. i just hope a g2 doesnt come out anytime soon otherwise i would pretty much be mad at that point lolz
 
nxt
Old
#10  
nxt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosixths View Post
Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;)
Go to Google Maps, type something, like Pizza Hut, a ton shows up, pick one, it shows up on the map, like this: <-Pizza Hut-> tap the name that's on the map, it'll bring up Details on the store, name, address, phone, url, etc..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more