Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is anybody else annoyed that the mobile Google Earth app is only for iPhone?

OP chefgon

29th October 2008, 05:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

100 posts
What's the point of Google having its own mobile platform if they give one of their coolest apps exclusively to their competitor? I know that Google likes to make their services available on as many platforms as possible, but it would be nice if they would at least announce that an Android version is in the works. I'm totally jealous.
29th October 2008, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wilmington!
Thanks Meter: 36

1,388 posts
More
Lol, yeah i herd about that, and street view is coming to the iphone soon....
29th October 2008, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.
29th October 2008, 09:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 8

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefgon

I don't have any problem with iPhone getting streetview, I'm not being anti-iPhone or anything, I just get ticked off that Google developed this awesome app and DIDN'T bring it to Android.

I agree, but I have a feeling that they've been working on that for a while. I'm sure the Android version will be along before too long.
29th October 2008, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
More
Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;)
29th October 2008, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
I.E.
Thanks Meter: 5

348 posts
More
Ive seen the earth view and its not all that kool.... it jus zooms in automatically then lets u surf over houses etc..... u cant look at a front door like our street maps... dont know y everyones mad the g1 dosnt have it plus the g1 is still new be patient : )
29th October 2008, 11:24 PM   |  #7  

93 posts
well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.
30th October 2008, 04:53 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

301 posts
when you try to going to google earth from browser in clasic google website ,and select street view ,the phone show you that need adobe flash player 9, for that can show streetview with the picture of the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkzanyj

well if you want to get technical...

Android doesn't have full use of Google Docs.

Doesn't have apps for Blogger or Picasa.

But, like everything else Google, I'm sure they're working on integration.

If we were supposed to wait until all those services were ready the phone wouldn't be available until 2010, and it would probably cost twice as much.

Last edited by satru; 30th October 2008 at 05:02 AM.
30th October 2008, 05:33 AM   |  #9  

169 posts
jeez people lol i mean the G1 is just the first device with android os, you cant get upset with google if google decides to put their fingers in everything. G1 is one fo the coolest phones out right now and it will only get better, u can count on that. Google wont let you down. i just hope a g2 doesnt come out anytime soon otherwise i would pretty much be mad at that point lolz
30th October 2008, 11:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 331

1,885 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twosixths

Yeah... I can't even believe that. I'm even more bummed that google maps seems to be more limited than it was on my Blackberry. On the BB you could find a store and go to a "details" page where you could get info like store hours, etc.

That and I'm REALLY not happy with the cut/paste process in its current form. ;)

Go to Google Maps, type something, like Pizza Hut, a ton shows up, pick one, it shows up on the map, like this: <-Pizza Hut-> tap the name that's on the map, it'll bring up Details on the store, name, address, phone, url, etc..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread