Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"error synchronizing" when trying to sync IMAP e-mail

Tip us?

rtg20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default "error synchronizing" when trying to sync IMAP e-mail

Hi, I'm running the Kavana ROM, it works fine except I can't send or receive IMAP e-mail through USB.

I'm on T-Mobile prepaid, no EDGE or GPRS for me; I just want to check my e-mail over Wi-Fi or through USB. Internet Explorer works fine so data is getting through. But when I set my e-mail it says 'error synchronzing' straight away.

any ideas...? I delete all the connections (under settings, connections, GPRS) so as to try and not confuse the device. IE still working but no e-mail.

this is really frustrating and I've spent a long time looking for a solution, without success. Can anyone help...?

thanks!

Richard

Bupahs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg20 View Post
Hi, I'm running the Kavana ROM, it works fine except I can't send or receive IMAP e-mail through USB.

I'm on T-Mobile prepaid, no EDGE or GPRS for me; I just want to check my e-mail over Wi-Fi or through USB. Internet Explorer works fine so data is getting through. But when I set my e-mail it says 'error synchronzing' straight away.

any ideas...? I delete all the connections (under settings, connections, GPRS) so as to try and not confuse the device. IE still working but no e-mail.

this is really frustrating and I've spent a long time looking for a solution, without success. Can anyone help...?

thanks!

Richard

You would have to use Outlook to grab your email then when you plug in your device it will sync the email from Outlook to your device.
Keith (aka Bupahs)

"Doubt whom you will, but never yourself."

rtg20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the reply. It actually started to work by itself...I think all I did was enable and then disable the advanced USB functionality somewhere in the options.

No need to use Outlook, I just pick up mail directly from my server. I hate Outlook and now use Thunderbird on my PC. This, in combination with https://www.nuevasync.com/ means I am finally free from having to sync with Windows! :)

harryjsa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pls, HELP

Quote:

thanks!

Richard
Hi Richard, I am facing this same issue. It was working great but suddenly stop working

Do you remenber what exactly u did?

Thanks in advance

rtg20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Can't remember - sorry! :(