Touch HD, first impressions
So indeed the UK model is available in the Netherlands, just got mine.
My first impressions:
- The device actually feels smaller than I thought, feels only slightly heavier than my Diamond and much lighter than my Pro.
- The screen sensitivity for my finger is great, however it seems that I have to press harder with the stylus than on my Diamond.
- I cannot prevent touchflo 3D from installing, softresetting before customisation brings the device back in setup mode.
- The screen and the size of the buttons are great for finger usage.
- The device is faster than my Diamond and Pro, Touchflo 3D is really improved in terms of speed, however there is a lag when using the file explorer I didn't had on my previous devices.
- I really like the small led in the power button, indicating charching, bluetooth, etc. No more irritating charching lights from the action button when the device is next to my bed.
- All software I installed on my Diamond works on my HD (Spb products, Mobipocket, Pocketbreeze.)
- Did not test the GPS
- There is a soft bag for protection of the HD. The good is that it doesn't make the device much thicker. The bad is that it will not provide much protection (but it is included!!)
- The device comes with a 8GB microSD card (Sandisk.)
- The HD can be used in the HTC cradle, but without the special inlays, so a bit risky for the connector.
- No video-out (not in settings.)
- The full QWERTY on screen keyboard is better than on my Diamond, but still small and not as responsive to touch as I would want (I am used to my Iphone ;))
Overall I think it is one of the best devices I have had for the last two years (a bit early to tell, but... first impression)
HP Jornada 680--> Casiopeia E 105--> Ipaq 3630--> Ipaq 3970--> Toshiba E800--> Qtek 2020--> Imate Jam--> Ipaq HX4700--> Imate Jasjar (WM6)--> Imate KJAm--> Imate Jamin--> HTC P3600-->HTC P4350--> ETEN X500+--> HTC TyTN II--> HTC touch plus--> HTC Touch Pro -->HTC Touch Diamond + HTC X7500 + Iphone 16 GB White + HTC Touch HD