KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

G1, messaging problem

3rd November 2008, 04:31 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?
3rd November 2008, 04:39 AM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 10
 
1,271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitch8803

my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Force quit?
3rd November 2008, 04:58 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Hartford, CT.
Thanks Meter: 0
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitch8803

my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?

you have too many messages and need to delete them. This happened to me and slowed down my phone. I deleted them and it ran fine and I got no message after that. Also clear the browser cache
3rd November 2008, 05:43 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
the problem is when i try to delete threads, it freezes again
3rd November 2008, 06:13 AM |#5  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 10
 
1,271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitch8803

the problem is when i try to delete threads, it freezes again

I had 400 messages and it took me a good 5 minutes to delete them all... I probably clicked the wait button a good 5 to 10 times.
3rd November 2008, 07:02 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
thanks, i'll try that but i got way more messages then 400 lol
3rd November 2008, 07:10 AM |#7  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 10
 
1,271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitch8803

thanks, i'll try that but i got way more messages then 400 lol

I had 600 when I noticed the slow down... it took awhile to delete those since then I delete at about 400 or so
3rd November 2008, 07:42 AM |#8  
momentarylapseofreason's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17
 
1,065 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
FWIW, it seems there might be a problem with the push on outgoing messages tonight
3rd November 2008, 11:01 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
More
I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
3rd November 2008, 11:05 PM |#10  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 10
 
1,271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm1

I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I am a little confused on what is happening. You are saying you are receiving a ton of messages from an email address? or that your sending sms from an email address?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dream, htc g1
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes