Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G1, messaging problem

Tip us?

mrmitch8803
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default G1, messaging problem

my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?

neoobs
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitch8803 View Post
my phone keeps giving me a SORRY! MESSAGING (IN APPLICATION MESSAGING IS NOT RESPONDING) ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Force quit?

tks989
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
you have too many messages and need to delete them. This happened to me and slowed down my phone. I deleted them and it ran fine and I got no message after that. Also clear the browser cache

mrmitch8803
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
the problem is when i try to delete threads, it freezes again

neoobs
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
the problem is when i try to delete threads, it freezes again
I had 400 messages and it took me a good 5 minutes to delete them all... I probably clicked the wait button a good 5 to 10 times.

mrmitch8803
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks, i'll try that but i got way more messages then 400 lol

neoobs
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
thanks, i'll try that but i got way more messages then 400 lol
I had 600 when I noticed the slow down... it took awhile to delete those since then I delete at about 400 or so

momentarylapseofreason
Old
Thanks Meter 17
FWIW, it seems there might be a problem with the push on outgoing messages tonight

gsm1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
T-Mobile G1
Firmware: 1.5
Build Number: JFv1.51 US

T-Mobile Wing (Herald)
ROM: WM 6.1 Touch IT 6.3
Radio: 3.12.90

neoobs
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm1 View Post
I am having a problem that when I get new SMS, it uses the "From" in the list of messages as an old (and deleted) thread all the time. I also can't reply to those SMS, but have to Compose a new message to respond. The only SMS that seems to work correctly are ones that I had received from contacts before I received the one SMS that it keeps using as the "From". So, in case it wasn't clear, all my new SMS show as coming from the same address (which happens to be an email address) and I can't reply to them. I'm sure a hard reset would fix this, but I don't want to have to go through reloading everything to just fix this one thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I am a little confused on what is happening. You are saying you are receiving a ton of messages from an email address? or that your sending sms from an email address?

Tags
dream, htc g1