XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buying from Mobiles.co.uk

Tip us?

chaosdefinesorder
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
I also understand the voicemail is free to use with o2 but according to mobiles.co.uk tarif guide, you are charged everytime you check your voicemail. Is this correct or am I wrong?
No, O2 has always charged to use voicemail, however it is a single charge per use rather than per minute

tboy2000
Old
Thanks Meter 228
That's strange. My sister is on O2 and she has free voicemail.

Unlocked Samsung Ativ S
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb Windows 8.1
Dell Inspiron One 2320 AIO (QuadCore i7-2600S 2.80GHz, 8gig Ram, 2TB HD) Windows 8.1

*List of WP8 Apps & Games at Full Screen Resolution, No Black Bars*

*My Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*My Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*Make your own HD2 self-contained Kickstand*

SingaporeAirlines
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is it possible that on the mobiles.co.uk tariff, voicemail is charged as a call in minutes and hence forms part of your allowance. Outside of your allowance, it is charged per access.

At least, that's my interpretation of it.

stax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Reading the terms and conditions of mobiles.co.uk I found:
""Airtime Contract" means a contract entered into between you and your Network Operator relating to the provision of the Services;" probably they don't have control over any "Bolts on" given from O2. I hope so.

kilobulb
Old
(Last edited by kilobulb; 9th November 2008 at 08:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
some people on the avforums got their xperia's from mobiles.co.uk and apparently it flags as a special contract on O2's systems that they can't change. One guy got O2 customer service to change his tariff so he had the unlimited web bolt on instead of unlimited texts but others have not been so lucky even after speaking to supervisors.

Just a heads up that it could well end up being £42.50 a month. However with the 40 quid from quidco and 5 months 1/2 price line rental it still works out cheaper than the tmobile deal from expansys. An average of £35.12 vs £40.61 a month over the 18 month contract as I calculate it.

chaosdefinesorder
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
That's strange. My sister is on O2 and she has free voicemail.
I'm on O2 PAYG at the moment and I have to pay for voicemail, but it's a once-per-occasion charge. I do, however, go for the "free voicemail" O2 treat when offered it. The existence of such an O2 treat is an added indicator.

It might be, however, that it's another case of the Telco screwing over those on PAYG compared to contract, so contract may be free to access...

As SingaporeAirlines says, it could well come as part of inclusive minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilobulb View Post
some people on the avforums got their xperia's from mobiles.co.uk and apparently it flags as a special contract on O2's systems that they can't change. One guy got O2 customer service to change his tariff so he had the unlimited web bolt on instead of unlimited texts but others have not been so lucky even after speaking to supervisors.

Just a heads up that it could well end up being £42.50 a month. However with the 40 quid from quidco and 5 months 1/2 price line rental it still works out cheaper than the tmobile deal from expansys. An average of £35.12 vs £40.61 a month over the 18 month contract as I calculate it.
Oh I'm going to raise hell if they try and tell me that I can't change it despite the O2 terms and conditions clearly stating that I can!

kkkkevinkim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
why u have to get rid of T-mobile....the HD will work with cingular or T-mobile.

a28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
on O2 600
5 months 1/2 price: the total cost will be 35.00*16.5=577,5
1.99 for 2 months: the total cost will be 35.00*16+1.99*2=564

am I right or not?
sorry for maybe stupid question...

tboy2000
Old
Thanks Meter 228
No its £542.50.

5months x £17.50 = 87.50
13months x £35 = £455
Total = £542.50

Cheaper than 2 months x £1.99

Unlocked Samsung Ativ S
Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb Windows 8.1
Dell Inspiron One 2320 AIO (QuadCore i7-2600S 2.80GHz, 8gig Ram, 2TB HD) Windows 8.1

*List of WP8 Apps & Games at Full Screen Resolution, No Black Bars*

*My Surface Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*My Leo Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks Thread*

*Make your own HD2 self-contained Kickstand*

dom_mitchell1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkevinkim View Post
why u have to get rid of T-mobile....the HD will work with cingular or T-mobile.
Because that would mean shelling out a load of cash toget hold of the HD. Doing it this way I can still keep paying the same amount of money per month and get the phone for free.

T-Mobile have annoyed me about their speed of bringing handsets out as well. First the Vario III (Kaiser) came out while I was still tied in with my 18 months with my Vario II which I could live with but then the delay over the Touch Pro (which I would have upgraded to months ago now) and their attitude to its release (more details here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...412467&page=24) basically summarised by T-Mobile want people to buy the G1 and they've still got loads of stock of the Vario III they want to shift before they bring out the Vario IV despite that phone now being outdated.