Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Modified RC30 - full version

OP JesusFreke

9th November 2008, 05:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 41

736 posts
I've uploaded a new version (v1.2) of the modified RC30 update.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16522776...a-dev_v1.2.zip
http://android-dls.com/forum/index.p...rb_v=viewtopic(see forum post for link to actual file)

You must have the modified recovery image installed before trying to install this.

Install as per usual - copy to sd card, rename to update.zip, reboot, enter recovery mode and hit alt+s.

(here's a guide on how to install in Italian - thanks Deedend!)

The primary new features in this version are
- adb shell now works in recovery mode
- a real su (instead of the setuid copy of sh in the last version)
- lots of new goodies in /system/xbin and /system/modules

Other things that have changed from v1.1
- This version has a kernel compiled by Saurik, with more core stuff "turned on", to support more modules (Specifically, /dev/mem and /dev/kmem are available now)
- new features in init
- support for mounting to loop devices
- move flag for mount
- mknod that can wait for a device
- chdir, chroot, usleep, include, trigger
- Changed the init.rc so that it will include /system/init.rc and /data/init.rc, so you can easily add new startup stuff, without having to rebuild/reflash boot.img
- Changed the boot-up recovery flash to look for a file at /data/recovery.img instead of /system/recovery.img, and also to delete recovery.img after a successful flash
- changed the "mount" symlink to be busybox's mount instead of toolbox's mount
- added an /etc/fstab file that busybox's mount can use, that lists the standard system partitions.
- changed the fingerprint back to the official RC30 fingerprint (don't want to let google know you're using a modified build)
- using a newer version of busybox
- moved busybox from /system/bin to /system/xbin

Note: A big thanks to Saurik (the "debian on Android" guy ) for all the changes to init and the kernel, as well as the modules in /system/modules. He also tweaked and recompiled a newer version of busybox. He recently posted his own update that I shamelessly stole this stuff from (with his permission )

It also includes the changes that were made in v1.0 and v1.1. namely
- set ro.secure=0, ro.debugable=1, and persist.service.adb.enable=1 in /default.prop, to enable adb to run as root
- Added the ability to mount to a loop in init
- Mount /system/xbin/xbin.cramfs into /system/xbin in init.rc
- Looks for a recovery image to flash at /data/recovery.img instead of /system/recovery.img, and deletes the recovery image after a successful flash
- added back in the telnetd command from RC29

-----
For those who have installed the stock RC30 update: no, you cannot install this update. You must have a modified recovery image installed to apply the update, and you have to have root access to install a modified recovery image. You can't get root access in stock RC30, so you can't install a modified recovery image, and so you can't install this update.
-----
Last edited by JesusFreke; 25th January 2009 at 11:41 PM.
9th November 2008, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
I.E.
Thanks Meter: 5

348 posts
More
im gonna try this on my stock rc28... let u know tha good tha bad n tha ugly
9th November 2008, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreke

.... You should be able to apply it no matter what RC you are on.....

My G1 is at RC30, would I be able to update it via SD card again to gain the root access?

-Pramod
9th November 2008, 05:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas

736 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods

My G1 is at RC30, would I be able to update it via SD card again to gain the root access?

-Pramod

No. If you're running stock RC30, and don't have my recovery image installed, you're out of luck, until another root exploit is found.
9th November 2008, 05:32 AM   |  #5  
I.E.

348 posts
More
Does this include all the regular upgrades that the rc30 was going to bring like the battery fix ? And So i dont mess up how do i install the modified recovery image correctly ?
Last edited by usmc2k; 9th November 2008 at 05:38 AM.
9th November 2008, 05:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

131 posts
What mod we have to install it? since is not signed with google key it will not load on 29 at all.
9th November 2008, 05:35 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas

736 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2k

Does this include all the regular upgrades that the rc30 was going to bring like the battery fix ?

Yes. It is identical to the stock RC30, except for the specific modifications I mentioned.
9th November 2008, 05:36 AM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Dallas

736 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritron777

What mod we have to install it? since is not signed with google key it will not load on 29 at all.

You have to have the modified recovery tool on your phone, which has the test keys.
9th November 2008, 05:37 AM   |  #9  

199 posts
More
Thank YOU SO MUCH! i was afraid i wasn't going to see you. i try ed someone else's(mod) and I stuck in your recovery because i tryed to format partion md3(system) and restore it with the backup(for some reason i was stuck between RC29-30) the phone froze but i tell you your recovery is the S*** it Saved my A** Where's your donation account?(4real)
9th November 2008, 05:44 AM   |  #10  
I.E.

348 posts
More
Do I still have to install the modified recovery image or is it included in ur version ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread