Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Display Problem: it's flickering...HELP!!!

Tip us?

mrpetrov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukexda View Post
I've had my new Touch HD for a few days now.

It didn't take me long to notice the horizontal bars flickering on the title bar. If I pay attention to it it drives me nuts. but if I don't pay attention I mostly don't notice.

I assumed it was either a perfectly normal artifact for some LCD, or something perfectly normal for the way our eyes work. I've seen it every now and again on my LCD PC monitor at certain web sites. I always assume that it is just bad art design and I assume the same this time.

Sometimes I can see it and sometimes I cant depending on the light... the angle of the screen and how close I put the phone to my eyes.

I want to just replace that graphic with something that doesn't flicker. I thought it would be an easy solution. However, after searching through all the many images in the windows directory on the devince, I couldnt' find one that looked like the horizontal lines that are causing the flicker... too bad. Maybe somebody else might have better luck
To remove the flickering curtains on your screen, I installed this cab, attached in another thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1228761904

Now the only flickering I see is when I change to the ring volume screen.

Petrov.

andics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpetrov View Post
To remove the flickering curtains on your screen, I installed this cab, attached in another thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1228761904

Now the only flickering I see is when I change to the ring volume screen.

Petrov.

GOOD SOLUTION!

THANK YOU!

obender
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by asci View Post
But many others don't have it...
Everybody has it, not everyone admits it though
No seriously, it's there for all HDs.

asci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by obender View Post
Everybody has it, not everyone admits it though
No seriously, it's there for all HDs.
Well, in few days I will verify it by myself. But other people who get it replaced, could verified that the new ones don't flicker...or they all are liers?

obender
Old
Thanks Meter 8
If you read all posts then you would notice that some who had those HDs replaced "started" seeing the issue after a few days.
My take on this, it is always there. It's a placebo effect for those who just got the replacement. Some are kind enough to mention it here, some are... well maybe just upset that they went through all these troubles for nothing.
Also in many posts here you can see that people describe the same effect seen on their laptops. In my opinion this not a defect it's just the way it works.

monte0815
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well, i also replaced my hd through amazon 2 days ago... really the flickering is still there... best to see in the system overview after clicking in title bar...

not sure what the nocurtails.cab do - but it's still there....

maybe its a failure and maybe we should wait till replacement 6month...

asci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Yesterday I got my new HD from Expansys. It's a WWE while the previous one was an ITA TIM Brand. Well after one day of test I can see that there's NO FLICKERING. I will wait some further day to confirm it definitively.

OpenGL32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i can confirm this. Got a HD for my Dad today, no flickering. It has a new ROM-Version GER, date: 11/05/08 V 1.14.207.2 (24011)

asci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Yesterday I got my new HD from Expansys. It's a WWE while the previous one was an ITA TIM Brand. Well after one day of test I can see that there's NO FLICKERING. I will wait some further day to confirm it definitively.
Well after 3 days...it started to flicker as well...I would say in my opinion it's a combination of causes...

sectorlord
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well after 3 days...it started to flicker as well...I would say in my opinion it's a combination of causes...

What's your Serial Number ? start with HT84XXXXXX..
Silicon Addict on Gadget City...just returned my galaxy tab 7.7
Now on Samsung Galaxy Note!! After a year on S2
Ultimate Mobile Warrior