Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 44,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to disable GPRS warning?

Tip us?

wahooza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy How to disable GPRS warning?

I have the Fuze version on at&t network. I've disabled 3G on AT&T's side so there is no way to connect through there.
Nevertheless, my phone ALWAYS tries to connect to the 3G network and i've disabled 3G connections using Nodata.cab, advancedconfig, diamondtweaks.

Still, the warning signs always come up:
"there is a problem connecting to the gprs service in your registered home network warning"

and this occurs, when I turn on the phone and many other times.

Is there a way to disable this warning? I know I cant connect, its because i disabled it!!!!

wahooza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone? it comes up like 50x a day andi have to click OK to make it go away every single time

-MyHTC-
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Have you unchecked the auto update setting for the weather program? Doing this worked for me.

wahooza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
did that, but didnt fix the problem. anything else that can be auto updating or trying to contact the 3G network?

gondalguru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Go to start -- settings -- connections -- connections --advanced -- select network.

Here I think you can change the defaults so that when ever a program tries to use internet it will either use wifi (if available) or nothing....

I have blocked the wireless internet access on all my lines and this is how I solved the problem of getting gprs disconnect warnings.

Hope this helps.

kocureq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is it possible to just disable this warning?

I'm switching between my personal and business SIM cards quite often, and I have the data connection disabled on the business card, while on personal I have a data plan, so I want to be always-online.
Palm V -> Treo 650 > Eten M700 -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC HD2 -> Samsung Galaxy Note

wahooza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I disabled aGPS and now i dont get the warning as much. (remember, i disabled GPRS from att side).

when i start my phone, i get 1 warning (i used to get 3?)

maybe i'm on the right track...

kocureq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
But the point is not to disable features so they don't auto-connect to the Internet.

The point is for the OS to try to onnect automatically, but when it failes - it doesn't have to scream that to your face every 5 minutes.
Palm V -> Treo 650 > Eten M700 -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC HD2 -> Samsung Galaxy Note

bottlefed1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm bumping this thread cause I did the same thing and want to know how to disable the message as well.
AT&T Fuze
NATF v2.3
Fuzeberry

bottlefed1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
still no answer to this
AT&T Fuze
NATF v2.3
Fuzeberry

Tags
gprs 3g disable warning