Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Tip us?

Jrvelandia
Old
(Last edited by Jrvelandia; 4th December 2008 at 04:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Yea great job mskip I'm reading through the tutorial once before deciding to leap I love my phone the way it is right now and the fact that it's possible to make it better is just brilliant thanks for this tut. I have another question If I flash my phone will I still be able to connect to all the same bands and networks as before? my phone was unlocked before I bought it.

techman28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In step 4, flashing the rom, you said to run "Raphael_RUU.exe". Did you mean run the customRUU? If not, then where do I find the Raphael_RUU.exe?

Thanks.

nitroblu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman28 View Post
In step 4, flashing the rom, you said to run "Raphael_RUU.exe". Did you mean run the customRUU? If not, then where do I find the Raphael_RUU.exe?

Thanks.
When you unzip/unrar the ROM, there'll be 2 files in the folder. Raphael_RUU.exe is one of them. that's the one you run to do the flash. It's nothing to do with customRUU.

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrvelandia View Post
Yea great job mskip I'm reading through the tutorial once before deciding to leap I love my phone the way it is right now and the fact that it's possible to make it better is just brilliant thanks for this tut. I have another question If I flash my phone will I still be able to connect to all the same bands and networks as before? my phone was unlocked before I bought it.
Flashing the phone wont affect any connectivity you will still be able to connect to the same bands and networks after you HardSPL and flash a new Rom

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks.
After you Unzip/UnRar the downloaded Rom just run the .exe that is included with the .nbh Rom file.

techman28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
After you Unzip/UnRar the downloaded Rom just run the .exe that is included with the .nbh Rom file.
Do all roms come with the .exe? And what do you use customRUU for then?

DZWAY007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thank You Mskip

Thanks to your excellent guide I just flashed my FUZE to Natfs 2.2 rom. What a difference, has H and all. My first flash!!! Just one thing to the other newbies out there. When you are getting ready to flash your rom via active sync make sure that you turn off your virus protection. Once I did that everything worked flawlessly. Remember to turn it back on though when you are done. Thanks you Mskip.

techman28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZWAY007 View Post
Thanks to your excellent guide I just flashed my FUZE to Natfs 2.2 rom. What a difference, has H and all. My first flash!!! Just one thing to the other newbies out there. When you are getting ready to flash your rom via active sync make sure that you turn off your virus protection. Once I did that everything worked flawlessly. Remember to turn it back on though when you are done. Thanks you Mskip.
Since you just flashed your first ROM, can you tell me (or can anyone) where you get Rapheal_RUU.exe??? When I download NATF's Rom it only came with CustomRUU.exe. Is custonRUU what I run in the folder with the ROM? or where do I find Rapheal_RUU?

Thanks.

mskip
Old
(Last edited by mskip; 5th December 2008 at 04:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Do all roms come with the .exe? And what do you use customRUU for then?
As stated in my guide RUU stands for Rom Update Utility and is needed to flash the Rom (.nbh) to the phone. All Roms should come with with RUU but if they dont then you can use the one thats given in my guide to flash Roms or Radios.

Quote:
Since you just flashed your first ROM, can you tell me (or can anyone) where you get Rapheal_RUU.exe??? When I download NATF's Rom it only came with CustomRUU.exe. Is custonRUU what I run in the folder with the ROM? or where do I find Rapheal_RUU?
They are the same file its just been renamed

techman28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
As stated in my guide RUU stands for Rom Update Utility and is needed to flash the Rom (.nbh) to the phone. All Roms should come with with RUU but if they dont then you can use the one thats given in my guide to flash Roms or Radios.

They are the same file its just been renamed
So customRUU is RaphealRUU??? They are one in the same, just a different name?