Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
View Poll Results: Would you like to have 6.1 and 6.5 roms split?
Yes 129 80.63%
No 31 19.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Split 6.1 and 6.5 into different sections?

11th May 2009, 12:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Louth
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
More
Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category
11th May 2009, 12:30 AM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 458

2,533 posts
More
Doubt it as most if not all roms will be 6.5 b4 long.
11th May 2009, 12:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 81

1,322 posts
More
i don't know about this. 6.5 is still beta so it will be buggy but there's no point to making another section because when it officially releases soon, 6.1 will be fazed out and die like all the rest that came before it. otherwise there would have been a Windows 2003, WM5, WM6 section opened also, but since they are updates to the same OS there's not much point to making a section for it due to the fact that eventually everyone will upgrade to it when its fully stable

my two cents
11th May 2009, 12:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 47

468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjensen25

Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category

I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.
11th May 2009, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 35

964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywould

I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.

I thought the release is this month??? Maybe it will be 4q before phones start off with 6.5, but im sure XDA forums will have 6.5 before that.
11th May 2009, 02:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

384 posts
So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.
11th May 2009, 02:45 AM   |  #7  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, Tx
Thanks Meter: 458

2,533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X2D

So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.

seriously i have nil to no bugs with 6.5...

but if you are there are ether related to rom or something you are doing. But ether way you should compile a list in the respective thread to address these alleged issues.
11th May 2009, 03:00 AM   |  #8  
Flag big D
Thanks Meter: 48

853 posts
More
IMHO 6.5 runs far better and quicker than 6.1 ever didd, as far as bugs none that are of any consequence for me
11th May 2009, 03:06 AM   |  #9  
Flag NY-Chile
Thanks Meter: 165

1,998 posts
More
yes man, that is the consensus. plus all the chefs are jumping on it and not looking back broheem.
11th May 2009, 04:34 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobrian

IMHO 6.5 runs far better and quicker than 6.1 ever didd, as far as bugs none that are of any consequence for me

Agreed. After finally getting the guts to flash today I can say that 6.5 is how 6.1 should've been. Great interface, much faster. No bugs for me so far.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread