5,593,793 Members 44,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like to have 6.1 and 6.5 roms split?
Yes 129 80.63%
No 31 19.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Split 6.1 and 6.5 into different sections?

Tip us?
 
cjensen25
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 54
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Louth
Default Split 6.1 and 6.5 into different sections?

Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category
HTC One X

o2 - United Kingdom.
 
jug6ernaut
Old
#2  
jug6ernaut's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 451
Posts: 2,518
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Doubt it as most if not all roms will be 6.5 b4 long.

-Active-
- LG G2 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-
- Xperia ZL - Samsung Note 2 - Samsung Note - Motorola Wingray - Samsung Maguro - Motorola Olympus - HTC Passion - LG Monaco - HTC Raphael - HTC Kaiser - HTC Wizard -
- Nexus7 - HP Touchpad - Motorola Xoom -

"You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make them think."
 
mike21pr
Old
#3  
mike21pr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 1,319
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Juan
i don't know about this. 6.5 is still beta so it will be buggy but there's no point to making another section because when it officially releases soon, 6.1 will be fazed out and die like all the rest that came before it. otherwise there would have been a Windows 2003, WM5, WM6 section opened also, but since they are updates to the same OS there's not much point to making a section for it due to the fact that eventually everyone will upgrade to it when its fully stable

my two cents
Carrier: AT&T USA
Current OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Stock)
Current Device: Moto G Google Play Edition
 
hollywould
Old
#4  
hollywould's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 458
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjensen25 View Post
Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category
I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.
 
iceman4357
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 964
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St.Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywould View Post
I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.
I thought the release is this month??? Maybe it will be 4q before phones start off with 6.5, but im sure XDA forums will have 6.5 before that.
Phone: AT&T GS4
Rom: Stock
Radio: Stock
 
X2D
Old
#6  
X2D's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 384
Join Date: Jan 2009
So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.
AT&T Fuze [HT847]
 
jug6ernaut
Old
#7  
jug6ernaut's Avatar
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 451
Posts: 2,518
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by X2D View Post
So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.
seriously i have nil to no bugs with 6.5...

but if you are there are ether related to rom or something you are doing. But ether way you should compile a list in the respective thread to address these alleged issues.

-Active-
- LG G2 -
- Nexus7.2 -

-Retired-
- Xperia ZL - Samsung Note 2 - Samsung Note - Motorola Wingray - Samsung Maguro - Motorola Olympus - HTC Passion - LG Monaco - HTC Raphael - HTC Kaiser - HTC Wizard -
- Nexus7 - HP Touchpad - Motorola Xoom -

"You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can not make them think."
 
bilbobrian
Old
#8  
bilbobrian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 838
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: big D
IMHO 6.5 runs far better and quicker than 6.1 ever didd, as far as bugs none that are of any consequence for me

Verizon VS980
 
sdlopez83
Old
#9  
sdlopez83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 1,929
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY-Chile
yes man, that is the consensus. plus all the chefs are jumping on it and not looking back broheem.
Devices gone and/or in Geriatrics
8125-8525-Tilt-TPro-Tilt2-Atrix


SGSIII-747
Not a stock rom
 
Bowdowntozoltan
Old
#10  
Bowdowntozoltan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 176
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobrian View Post
IMHO 6.5 runs far better and quicker than 6.1 ever didd, as far as bugs none that are of any consequence for me
Agreed. After finally getting the guts to flash today I can say that 6.5 is how 6.1 should've been. Great interface, much faster. No bugs for me so far.
E4GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...