I've made a little program called WifiLocations. It does a lot more then you might think, currently:
Current Version : V0.6
- Specify locations (based on GSM/UMTS Cell-ID) where WiFi will be activated automatically (and turned off when you leave)
- Specify locations where Bluetooth will be activated automatically (and turned off when you leave) or the otherway around (for headset/carkit usage).
- Specify locations where your ringer should be turned off or to vibrate (and back to previous state when you leave)
- Run a user-specified program when in specified location (and the choice of killing it when you leave).
- Name the Cell's so it's a little less confusing.
- Autostart on reboot-option
You don't need GPS for this!
CDMA cells are not supported, if you have info on how to read the ID's contact me.
If you think something doesn't work right, please let me know in this thread!
If you want to request a feature, please ask here!
I produced this because I use my incoming voip number a lot when I'm on wifi and I didn't want to activate wifi everytime I walk into a wifi-location (hence the name!). You can add your current location or walk around for 60seconds in your house to add all used GSM/UMTS-cellsites. (You have to add them both if your in a low 3g-signal area)
Well if you like it, let me know or even donate I've always wanted to go to st. Petersburg and trying to pay for a ticket by developing free software
Click on it to see the real status, this is just an image! Thanks!
Not for commercial use...
Free to distribute as long as it includes a link to my donation page along with the download link and a link to these forum pages.
-WiFi in standby mode isn't functioning correctly I think
-Current Cell in mainform isn't updated until you restart
-Killing the app by pressing 'X' doesn't remove the trayicon