Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Audio

Tip us?

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 149
Default Bluetooth Audio

How do I get all audio on my Verizon Touch Pro to play through my bluetooth earpiece?

With my Motorola Q, I connected the bluetooth device, it changed to a Headset profile and all audio (tcpmp, windows media, etc) played through the bluetooth device.

When I connect the same bluetooth earpice to my Touch Pro, the only time it activates is if I hit voice command or once a call is connected.

I also have bluetooth stereo headphones with that stereo profile and those do get audio from Windows Media player.

How do I get audio from TCPMP/Windows Media to play through the Hands Free profile that the bluetooth earpieces I have use?

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 149
Anyone able to help with this? I'm disappointed that I can't listen to audio through a bluetooth headset with the hands-free profile.

There has to be a simple fix.

techtech2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tap and hold the name of the headset and tap 'Set as Wireless Stereo.'

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 149
That option is grayed out for my mono headsets.

Any other ideas?

sidwin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
That option is grayed out for my mono headsets.

Any other ideas?
that is because your headset is not a2dp. what you did before was just have the crappy audio go across your headset without true a2dp so the sound was pretty bad. i have jabra bt8010 and sometimes i have to refresh the option on my headset to set wireless stereo. if i don't, the audio is piss poor because i'm just piggy backing ontop of the voice command audio stream.

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
that is because your headset is not a2dp. what you did before was just have the crappy audio go across your headset without true a2dp so the sound was pretty bad. i have jabra bt8010 and sometimes i have to refresh the option on my headset to set wireless stereo. if i don't, the audio is piss poor because i'm just piggy backing ontop of the voice command audio stream.
Yes, I understand that.

But, my question is how can I get audio to come through my mono bluetooth headset when it's connected? On my Motorola Q, ALL audio routed through the headset when it was connected. On the TP, only if I start voice command or make a call does audio get sent to the headset.

I use the headset to listen to podcasts, so that's what I'm looking for.

I did find a program that would route all audio through the headset, but I do have to run it each time I connect the headset. I suppose that will suffice though.