Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia broken? red light under the ON button

Tip us?

toncata
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yesterday when I woke up I see that my X1 is off. I thought that battery is very low. When I plugged into the charger I saw that red light appeared on power button. I read this thread and wait some time. Till now the X1 is now working. This is about 24 hours. When I push power button illuminating light lights red for 4-5 times quickly.
What is really the problem and how can I solve it?

kote_alex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone ? the same problem has occured to me as well ...
any advice ?

gomugomu24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow , this morning i had the same problem , after leaving the phone running android the entire night ... i love this phone and when i saw that light , was terrified . Luckily it took about 3 minutes of charging to start it . If any of you have this problem , let it charge until the illumination on the side starts with the usual colors.

DeHuMaNiZeD
Old
Thanks Meter 1732
hey i know what to do.i had the same problem.plug it in the computer,and leave it for about 10-20 minutes.then turn it on.
(my device's codename is Falcon,so that's why i have a falcon in my signature

Moto G MAN

Garena
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try new battery.... (Original) not fake. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Garena For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xuhybrid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you're plugging the phone into your computer to charge it, it won't recognise the phone or install any necessary drivers when its completely dead. If you plug it into the mains it should charge up as it should and then turn on. You will then be able to plug it back into your computer to charge it if necessary.

I had this problem with my Xperia Play.

VSJ
Old
Thanks Meter 18
It's my theory,
it's your battery,
Try to search @ batteryuniversity how a battery (li-pol) works
I was working @ a battery supplier and I know how Li-Po and other kind battery works
AFAIK when your battery (Lithium-based) is below the lowest treshold, your battery might be having failure, it's the reason why you can't leave Li-Ion battery uncharged (since Li-Ion can degrade 1-5% each year) and it's also the reason when you bought a new phone, there's 50% to 80% power is charged, this will prevent the battery to be dead if the phone is not sold. I suggest Li-Po is working in the same way

Solution: it can be charge to wake it up with a different voltage to "shock" Cells in your battery. But it's the way to advance, my suggestion just bought a new battery, not too expensive anyway.

Okay that's my opinion based on knowledge that I know if you have other informateion just help this TS, he's feeling so sick.
Click thanks button if you found my post useful,
you won't be killed if you click that button.

twinblade
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Recovering from red light under ON button.

I had this same problem while on a business trip. I was using Android custom ROM and despite the unit was connected to the car charger, the phone was not charging (a common issue in Android... now I know).

Android fully depleted the battery and the phone simply died (no shutdown). When I put my SE wall charger in the plug... horror... a red light pops up under the power button and the phone did not boot-up.

After one hour and a half of trying all of the charger I managed to find, putting and removing batteries and soft resets I managed to start charging again by connecting the phone to my PC.

My explanation of the problem (guessed):
Li-Po batteries needs a minimum power level to work properly and not be damaged, that's why all units have a shutdown procedure when the battery level hits a certain threshold. Android kernel simply don't manage the battery level properly and let the phone suck up all juice from the battery itself until full depletion.
The phone's battery manager is in charge of checking the status of the installed battery even for "dumb charging" through a wall charger and, reading a too low voltage value in the battery, denies both booting AND charging to avoid damages to the phone (maybe it reads the battery as it has a short circuit or the like).
By connecting the phone to the PC, I saw that some drivers were loaded for boot time interfaces (Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM). In my understanding, this means that some module inside the phone was powered up using the USB cable even if the "flashing leds" showing charging were not shown. By leaving the phone in this status for some time without turning it on, I managed to bring back the battery to its minimum functional status and I was able to boot it again. The only issue is that the phone will not boot when this status is activated, it needs a battery pull to clear the status.

yeswanthnag
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Solution

Plug the battery to an external wall charger,Let it charge there for an hour or 2 ,Then place it again in the phone & it starts to charge or the phone switches on...
poor english,Hope u people understand
The Following User Says Thank You to yeswanthnag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

takkhor2004
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAsQ View Post
Hello dear friend, I sympathise with you I had this exact same problem and was worried sick for a day and a half that it was dead! the red light under the power button is the battery fail light (as far as i can tell) it goes on for example when you plug the charger in and remove the battery. I've found if you run the battery down to absolute minimum it almost seems like the X1 cant detect the battery any more and displays the red light. I fixed mine by removing and replacing the battery a few times and plugging it into the wall charger for a few hours. keep trying and dont lose heart, like I say it took me a day and a half (with a sleepless night inbetween
thx...u help me!!!!