29th November 2008, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 62

2,200 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello Everybody,

As we all know that GENE (P3400 and P3400i) are the cheapest Windows mobile phones available in the market and most of the people, who wanted to try this wonderful platform for so many years but didn't have the budget to buy the devices, have finally got their chance to try it. And one of the most luring upgrade for these phones is the Windows Mobile 6.1 ROMs, which are said to be faster and a little more feature rich than the Windows Mobile 6, which ships by default on the newer GENE devices, the Post March 2008 P3400 and P3400i phones.

Now all the ROMS that are currently on this forum, do not apply to these phones due to changes in the SPL and other parts of ROM. The version no of SPL, ONBL and OS for these apps varies between 1.10.0000 to 1.17.0000.
I can understand that it must be tough to crack these roms, but you are the heros who have done it in the past, and the reason for not being a single rom available for these phones is not this, according to what i feel. It may be ignorance, lack of time etc.

So on behalf of all the owners of these device, i brought up this appeal to all you that please take out some of your precious time and please try building a solid solution to this problem. Please try to port at least one Windows mobile 6.1 ROM (possibly with Manila 2D of Opal ) for these devices. I am sure many of us will feel greatful of you all.

Thank you very much in advance guys!

Regards,
Sumit Bhardwaj
2nd December 2008, 03:59 PM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 62

2,200 posts
Donate to Me
More
Great News Guys! Ankit360 has found the ultimate working solution for upgrading newer P3400i phones to Windows Mobile 6.1.

Please find the method here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=51

It will first make your mobile dead and then recover using the Orekflov's Unbricker and then you'll be able to flash it to the rom of your choice.

Currently, only one rom is available for the P3400i, that is LomLom's Fusion 9. Find a link to it on the same URL.

Enjoy!
2nd December 2008, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
Chennai
Thanks Meter: 4

776 posts
Thanks for the info dude. Maybe I shall try cooking a ROM if I had some free time.

Regards,
Carty..
2nd December 2008, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1

68 posts
More
even im thinking...of cookin a rom...tell me da basic tools needed for cookin...ryt nw im usin lom lom fusion rom on my gene....
its better dat i start searching it from da forum
will update u guys !

EDIT: got da tools needed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...?t=371680...im starting to cook now !
Last edited by kooolchief; 2nd December 2008 at 06:45 PM.
27th December 2008, 02:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kolkata, India
Thanks Meter: 136

2,205 posts
More
Unhappy
Yeah!
Its very odd that there are hardly any cooked ROMs available in this forum! I joined xda vox forum and there are atleast 10 developers (No GREAT PEOPLE) who literally cook ROMs day in and day out. And most of their products are great, actually you will never want to use the Official ROM ever again , be it fh, fireburned or Dr. G (minus the Rose ROM ), sk.
I hope we will soon find some come cooked ROMs in this forum without the useless stuffs of official ROM.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread