Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED - 2008.12.31: Tomal v8.5] WM6.1 Pro CE OS 20764

Tip us?

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
You are welcome
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

dani132
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thanks tomal
i think this is the most stable rom for uni
HTC G1 (Black)
RECOVERY: MTD Amon_RA's Recovery 1.7.0
Rom:[CyanogenMod 7.1.0 DS][Android 2.3.7],FroSense[2.2.1]v0.9
Radio: 2.22.28.08
SPL/HBoot: 1.33.0013d

billyJAM
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default All day event notification's bug

Hi Tomal!

I understand these ROMs are probably ported from the Diamond or Touch HD. I know this, v8.5 is perfect for me my favourite ROM ever. However, i did notice i bug that comes from the official HTC ROMs of the Diamond/Pro/HD.

For all day event notifications, such as birthdays in Outlook, the notification bubble will pop up but won't sound the reminder or trigger the vibrate. Only the screen message pops up. Everything else works fine. If you made the same appointment without setting it to all day event, the alarm will trigger properly. That's the only minor gripe, but it's from the HTC ROMs.

Have you fixed this bug in your later ROMs? Anyone experienced something similar?

amaterasutu
Old
(Last edited by amaterasutu; 17th September 2009 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
thanks Tomal

antonny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question CID Lock ??? Side Effect ???

Hi, guys... I'm just curious...
When I do DOC Format, Task 32 and Task 28 55aa, after Task 32, it reply Level = FF.... Later then I know that My Universal is not super CID (or maybe CID still lock)...
my question is I have use RUU tools to upgrade my Radio ROM and WinCE ROM, and everything is doing just fine... (After boot it show Radio 1.15, and ROM Tomal 8.5.) And my Universal do just great....
Is this ok? I mean, is there any side effect with Device not superCID to be upgraded?
Thx a lot guys for the replay...
So far Tomal 8.5 is the best and the top for all aplication to be run well, especially for my DOSBox programs
Sorry for my bad english...

O2 XDA Executive
Board : Dopod 900
G3 - 64 MB
ROM WM 5 - 1.13.69 WWE
Radio - 1.04.02
Insalled App :
PsiDOC SDHC, Saman SMSDeliveryReceiptFix,
Quick Menu - v2.8.414.1614,
Today Agenda - v1.5.0 (3655),
Total Commander - v2.51,
Vicsoft ClearTemp - v1.3.0.1,
Palringo - v2.4,
Opera Mini - v5,
Opera - v... (Still testing...)

tomal
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I use a CID free RUU so may not notice anything during upgrade. But sporadic lockup may occure...
///Tomal

HTC HD2
HTC Touch HD
O2 Atom Life
Orange SPV M5000
T-Mobile MDA Pro

antonny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Thx, a lot Master Tomal.

Thx, a lot Master Tomal.
So My Universal will have sporadic lockup.
But base on my experience I have a sporadic lockup if I don't do DOC Format before flash the new ROM. I run mtty do task 32 and 28 55aa, and then Use RUU tools to upgrade my Radio and WinCE ROM.
If I don't do DOC Format, somehow My Universal almost every day get lockup or other strange behaviour.
So for me, the DOC Format is a must. But i must loose my O2 logo because of this . But it worth it a lot
I'll try to do research on this. I'll try to use My Universal without restart the device... Let say 1 week or more or until it lockup. (usually I restart my device every day, cause base my experience the Windows OS need restart everyday cause it can't really remove the program that have already used... (to make the program run faster, but if we don't need it, it can cause lack of memory or error..).
Thx again, Master Tomal. I really do Like every of Ur ROM start from Ranju 7.7. It's really a Honer I can try and use Your Great Rom. Every version of Your ROM is great. For me, I choose the 8.5 is the most stable, suitable, and battery optimized for my 64Mb G4 Universal... and can run DosBox smoothly..

O2 XDA Executive
Board : Dopod 900
G3 - 64 MB
ROM WM 5 - 1.13.69 WWE
Radio - 1.04.02
Insalled App :
PsiDOC SDHC, Saman SMSDeliveryReceiptFix,
Quick Menu - v2.8.414.1614,
Today Agenda - v1.5.0 (3655),
Total Commander - v2.51,
Vicsoft ClearTemp - v1.3.0.1,
Palringo - v2.4,
Opera Mini - v5,
Opera - v... (Still testing...)

Final5k
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Thanks Tomal - this is a very nice rom!! I've noticed that there are cities which are not available on weather.com/weather.yahoo.com - can we change the weather server to www.accuweather.com which has a larger cities database for example? If yes, can you provide with some instructions please? Thank you.

pgomes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hello to all people in this fantastic forum

Hello to all people in this fantastic forum

This is my first post, i have been here for some time reading and reading and i finaly decided to buy a m5000.
Was my dream machine for years but expensive at the time now i have 2, a G4 and a G3, I bought on ebay.
A special thank to Master Tomal, and all the people here, i will try to participate too. (sorry for my bad english)

On some of my tests w roms from master Tomal, i Think the 8.5 and the 8.2, fast and stable. i wil test soon the 8.7
I am testing the radios 1.15 and 1.17 w them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a problem w Rom 8.5 radio (1.17 or 1.15, or any radio), when i turn on ie or opera they start to open and then close, so i do a soft reset and all works fine for some time until the same happen.

did anyone notice this ? and have any idea why it can happen?

Thank you all

PG

orb3000
Old
(Last edited by orb3000; 12th November 2009 at 03:04 AM.)
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgomes View Post
Hello to all people in this fantastic forum

This is my first post, i have been here for some time reading and reading and i finaly decided to buy a m5000.
Was my dream machine for years but expensive at the time now i have 2, a G4 and a G3, I bought on ebay.
A special thank to Master Tomal, and all the people here, i will try to participate too. (sorry for my bad english)

On some of my tests w roms from master Tomal, i Think the 8.5 and the 8.2, fast and stable. i wil test soon the 8.7
I am testing the radios 1.15 and 1.17 w them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a problem w Rom 8.5 radio (1.17 or 1.15, or any radio), when i turn on ie or opera they start to open and then close, so i do a soft reset and all works fine for some time until the same happen.

did anyone notice this ? and have any idea why it can happen?

Thank you all

PG
Welcome to forums

Perhaps your RAM is not enough to run that apps, try uninstalling some stuff and try again.
8.5 is a very good stable ROM, I used in combination with radio 1.18.

Read, Search, Respect and Enjoy!
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly