Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Wifi problem

OP interpleb

9th December 2008, 12:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Hi,

I have had my Touch 3g for a few days and have been very happy with it. The only problem I have is that it doesn't work with my Wifi router. It sees my router and my neighbours, but won't let me connect. I have tried WEP and WPA (my router doesn't do WPA2), and even open, but it still won't connect, just goes from connecting to available. My router is a cheap no name one, but works fine with my PC, Wii, PS3 and in the past a DS and a PSP, using WEP.

Has anyone any ideas, or suggestions as to a cheap Wireless router to connect to a cable modem that works with the Touch 3G?

Thanks.
9th December 2008, 03:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brno, Havířov
Thanks Meter: 3

101 posts
Try changing WiFi power mode to "Best Performance". Helped with my crappy USB Wifi AP.
9th December 2008, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikso

Try changing WiFi power mode to "Best Performance". Helped with my crappy USB Wifi AP.

Woohoo! That worked! Thank you very much
31st March 2009, 02:23 PM   |  #4  

13 posts
I have this problem with my Orange version and Orange have removed the power managment function from the phone.
31st March 2009, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag UH

65 posts
Yes, only Best performance is good, I test it on my AP 3 meters far, signal strenght was 100%, but ping 1000ms on both presets, after switching to Best performance, ping was <10ms !!!
1st April 2009, 10:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 72

683 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjashdown

I have this problem with my Orange version and Orange have removed the power managment function from the phone.

There must be a way thru registry tweaking.

I do not know how, but I am sure there are a lot of advanced users around to help at this issue.
1st April 2009, 01:36 PM   |  #7  

13 posts
if anybody know how to tweek the Registry to get the Power Management funtion back I would be very grateful.
8th April 2009, 02:05 PM   |  #8  

13 posts
Fix
Found out that if you use FIle Exporer to naviagte to the Windows Directory there is a file there call WLAN Setting and clicking on that take you to the original power manager and I can now adjust the WLAN to best performance. Still have a problem with the Wifi cutting out.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread