Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi problem

Tip us?

interpleb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi problem

Hi,

I have had my Touch 3g for a few days and have been very happy with it. The only problem I have is that it doesn't work with my Wifi router. It sees my router and my neighbours, but won't let me connect. I have tried WEP and WPA (my router doesn't do WPA2), and even open, but it still won't connect, just goes from connecting to available. My router is a cheap no name one, but works fine with my PC, Wii, PS3 and in the past a DS and a PSP, using WEP.

Has anyone any ideas, or suggestions as to a cheap Wireless router to connect to a cable modem that works with the Touch 3G?

Thanks.

fenikso
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try changing WiFi power mode to "Best Performance". Helped with my crappy USB Wifi AP.

interpleb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikso View Post
Try changing WiFi power mode to "Best Performance". Helped with my crappy USB Wifi AP.
Woohoo! That worked! Thank you very much

mjashdown
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this problem with my Orange version and Orange have removed the power managment function from the phone.

Alekss_UH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, only Best performance is good, I test it on my AP 3 meters far, signal strenght was 100%, but ping 1000ms on both presets, after switching to Best performance, ping was <10ms !!!

sas_sas
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjashdown View Post
I have this problem with my Orange version and Orange have removed the power managment function from the phone.
There must be a way thru registry tweaking.

I do not know how, but I am sure there are a lot of advanced users around to help at this issue.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 phone,
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 Tablet,
- General Discovery Mobile 16GB phone,
- LG G2 32GB phone,
- 8" Hyundai Rock X tablet (its Digitizer defected after 2 weeks use).

mjashdown
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if anybody know how to tweek the Registry to get the Power Management funtion back I would be very grateful.

mjashdown
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fix

Found out that if you use FIle Exporer to naviagte to the Windows Directory there is a file there call WLAN Setting and clicking on that take you to the original power manager and I can now adjust the WLAN to best performance. Still have a problem with the Wifi cutting out.