Ok so I got a Verizon HTC Touch Pro and spent the better part of 2 weeks making it work as well as I could for myself and I wanted to share some of the things I learned with the community in case you missed them or don't know them either. Most of this information is from others in the community so don't take it as I am the absolute author, but I do not remember links to everything.
1. Normal mini usb chargers work to charge your phone I almost gave mine away before I found that out and I was angry that HTC made a proprietary plug but I guess I was wrong.
2. The Verizon TF3D theme has more things you can do in landscape, but to switch the clock to the stock flip clock (attached) and makes the theme a little bit cooler even though to my knowledge no one has edited it yet to make the colors cooler.
3. There are like 4 or 5 config / hack / tweak tools out there and they are as follows:
a. Advance Config 3.2
i. I uninstalled this as the others do everything this does and I find it messes things up
b. Diamond Hacks
i. This can do some basic tweaks and is useful for beginners works well
c. Diamond TF3D config
i. will help you config and theme TF3D works ok at best
d. Diamond Tweak
i. basic and intermediate tweaks works well.
4. Some software you probably want to find and install is as follows:
a. Diamond Hacks : free reg hacks tool
b. Diamond TF3D Config : free TF3D config
c. Diamond Tweak : free reg hacks tool
d. PHM RegEdit : free registry edit tool
e. Total Commander : free file explorer replacment that allows you to change permissions and such
f. HTC FM Radio : not usuable yet but may be
g. Googlemaps : free maps
h. Live Search : free maps microsoft style
i. HTC RSS Hub : for all things RSS
j. Skybook : free facebook app
k. skyfire : proxy style internet for when PIE and Opera Mobile can't do it
l. HTC You Tube : for all things you tube
m. adobe flash lite 3.1 : makes flash work in opera not in PIE
n. dashwire : for syncing your phone to the web turn off contact sync if you use exchange
1. TF3D can be slow but if you do all the reg tweaks others talk about it will be pretty fast and manageable so do them
2. Pictures in favorites seem blurry if there resolution is too great so make sure they are 640x480 if possible
1. Exchange 2003 will only do plain text emails, Exchange 2007 will do HTML
Random things I am still working on finding solutions for:
1. better way to move around SMS conversations
2. the fact that the phone wakes up when a call comes in so you answer it when pulling it out of your pocket even if you don't want to
3. The lag in switching from portrait to landscape or landscape to portrait
OK so that is my verizon experience hope that helped at least one person I will edit this as I think of more.