Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Silence Incoming Call Without Rejecting

Tip us?

sjcraig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Silence Incoming Call Without Rejecting

All,

Just moved from the Palm Treo 750v to the Palm Treo Pro and there is one feature I am badly missing. On the 750v, i could silence (both vibrating and ring) an incoming call by pricing any button on the phone. This does not seem to work on the Treo Pro. Is there any hack to make this work? My key requirement is to have the phone on vibrating only and be able to silence the vibrating without rejecting the call.

Any help you have is much appreciated!

Thanks
S

MadLinx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
unfortunately those at Palm are a bunch of a$$holes who release bug filled products & really could care less about their customers.

there currently is no fix & at the rate they are moving, i doubt we will see one anytime soon. they really are a crew of stupid pricks & the fully deserve to go out of business!!

jbcross
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcraig View Post
My key requirement is to have the phone on vibrating only and be able to silence the vibrating without rejecting the call.

Thanks
S
This program is not really what you describe you are looking for, but it may get you part way there by giving you the ability to adjust the vibe style / length / etc., or not
Jeff

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=treo+vibe

"....What is Treo Alert you ask? Here are some of the features:
- Highly configurable program that adds reminders and alerts for various system events such as pending Voice Mail, Missed Calls, SMS, Email and other reminders such as Calendar reminders and Alarms.
- Can be configured to blink led when any of the above listed events occur.
- Can be configured to vibrate when any of the above listed events occur.
- Multi-color/blink rate LED settings
- Unlimited number of vibe styles that can be configured for each type of event.
- Rotating text display for notification counts, date, battery and signal percentage, available memory and Xcast weather.
- Several Xcast weather display options. Weather can be configured for any zip code or country code worldwide.
- Timer to control when events are monitored so you can have it automatically disable alerts at night.
- Each type of alert can be disabled/enabled individually so if you don't want to be notified for Email's for example you can disable it.
- Display rotation intervals and Reminder alert intervals are configurable.
- Multiple today plugins are supported and can be switched at will.
- Voice announce of pending alerts and last missed call
A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.

spastico
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLinx View Post
unfortunately those at Palm are a bunch of a$$holes who release bug filled products & really could care less about their customers. there currently is no fix & at the rate they are moving, i doubt we will see one anytime soon. they really are a crew of stupid pricks & the fully deserve to go out of business!!
hey congrats on your 1st post!
So I take it you think palm should die.
Current Device: Inspire - Before that: Treo Pro - Before that: 750 - Before that: 8525-Cing (TYTN)

spastico
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Here's how I have mine set up:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=16
Current Device: Inspire - Before that: Treo Pro - Before that: 750 - Before that: 8525-Cing (TYTN)

man2003
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Inesoft Phone is the only way I could fine to Silence Treo Pro without rejecting the calls... Herewith Treo Pro Inesoft Phone Skin modified for butter look...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TreoPro_InesoftPhone_Skin.zip - [Click for QR Code] (45.6 KB, 99 views)

spastico
Old
(Last edited by spastico; 27th December 2008 at 03:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2003 View Post
Inesoft Phone is the only way I could fine to Silence Treo Pro without rejecting the calls... Herewith Treo Pro Inesoft Phone Skin modified for butter look...
Thanks!

Here's another thread about the app:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=inesoft

theperson872
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Silencing Calls Without Software

Press the spacebar key to silence a call without rejecting it.

bones boy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theperson872 View Post
Press the spacebar key to silence a call without rejecting it.
Does not work

johnss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default silencing calls

On my cdma/sprint Pro, it will silence a call if the ringer is on, but not if the phone is switched to silent/vibrate mode.

Strange. A phone rattling on a desk is almost as bad as one ringing.