Possible Way to Improve VzW stock rom
So, I don't have my touch pro yet, but I think this could help some. What this should do is remove the Verizon cruft from your phone and their software that reverts your changes.
1. Save all data off your phone. You will be performing a Hard reset which will ERASE ALL DATA. BACK IT UP!
2. Hard Reset your phone and don't walk away.
3. Now, go through the windows mobile screen calibration process.
4. Once that's done the normal home screen should pop up. A little box that says Configuring Your Device will appear.
5. If will likely have a 3 or 5 sec count down, LET IT CONTINUE.
6. When the count down is finished and the little bar starts to move Soft reset (via the hole) ASAP.
7. Your phone should restart and no boxes should come up. I heard it took people a couple soft resets to make the configuration box disappear completely.
So now your phone won't have some things install on it. These probably include the VZ App store and their OTA sync programs. I don't know if TF3D or Opera will be there.
To get back some of the stuff (should you decide it necessary) you will need to enable the ExtRom on the phone. Here's the problem: I don't know how to do that. Thus I don't know it's contents and what should be installed.
What I do know is that you'll have a FULLY stock rom that should be faster minus some crap without unlocking or flashing if you're not yet ready to do that. Please report your findings on what you know is/isn't there if you try this or if you know the contents of the standard ExtRom.
I am a photographer not a terrorist and I am certainly not illegal!
Put your Titan to good use with it's GPS. Use Navizon!
Get paid for walking and driving around! Sign up here: http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd...e=5A5F5C5B5E5B