Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Fuze Case / Cover

Tip us?

TVDinner
Old
(Last edited by TVDinner; 23rd December 2008 at 07:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default HTC Fuze Case / Cover

------------------
12/23/08 Update - this case DOES work, but with some easy modification. Read the thread to see the sanding I did on the inside. Took about 3 minutes and case has been working perfectly since.

UPDATE - 12/20/08 -I just got home from the gym and this case does cause some problems. After having it on for a few days the screen stopped working when the cover was on. From my investigating it seems to put to much pressure on the upper left corner of the case/screen, causing the screen to stop responding to touch commands. I have taken the case off and there are no issues at all with the phone, so clearly the case is the problem. I am not sure why it worked perfectly for a few days and then started having issues, but it did. Going to try to sand down the inside a little (pictures posted in this thread)
-----------------

I found this one recommended in one of the many threads on this site about cases for my Fuze. I had a similar thin hard case for all of my Blackberry phones in the past, so I was enthusiastic about this one when I first saw it. Also for $10 it was worth checking out. I received it today and it really fits well on the phone and barely adds any size to the unit. Here are the pictures (below and attached) and a link to where I bought it from at the bottom.

1) I put it on and took it off and it looks like it does not scratch or damage the phone in any way.
2) you can also add a belt clip (see square hole on the back of the case.
3) I am able to reach all buttons, stylus, etc with no issues at all.
4) It is MUCH easier to hold the phone and type now and it is not slippery at all and no more finger print issues.

Link to item on Ebay where I bought it - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300275132561
Delivered in under a week, which was excellent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover1.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	137547   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover2.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	137548   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover3.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	137549   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover4.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	137550   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover5.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	137551  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover6.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	137552  
Blackberry Torch (AT&T)
Acer Iconia Tab A500

I love watches - Watch Freeks

SkitchBeatz
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Looks decent.. what does it feel like? I have an incase slider case for my ipod touch 2g and its possibly the best material for a case that i've felt

jknuckey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Perfect timing on this review, I just purchased one on Ebay last Friday! For the cheap price, I figured I was taking a gamble on build quality and fit. Glad to see that it is working well for you. I'm looking forward to getting mine soon so I don't have to worry as much about dropping my Fuze!

TVDinner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitchBeatz View Post
Looks decent.. what does it feel like? I have an incase slider case for my ipod touch 2g and its possibly the best material for a case that i've felt
It is plastic I think, but has a soft rubber like feel.

Quote:
Perfect timing on this review, I just purchased one on Ebay last Friday! For the cheap price, I figured I was taking a gamble on build quality and fit. Glad to see that it is working well for you. I'm looking forward to getting mine soon so I don't have to worry as much about dropping my Fuze!
the screen is still exposed, but you are correct. It would be a lot harder to hurt it now with the corners and border protected. For $10 it is a steal so far.
Blackberry Torch (AT&T)
Acer Iconia Tab A500

jknuckey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post
It is plastic I think, but has a soft rubber like feel.

the screen is still exposed, but you are correct. It would be a lot harder to hurt it now with the corners and border protected. For $10 it is a steal so far.
I've had my case installed a couple of days now, and I've noticed this behavior the last couple evenings: the screen eventually becomes unresponsive. I do keep my fuze in my pocket, so maybe some additional pressure is being applied to the edges of the screen. Removing the top cover (not trivial due to the tight fit) resolves the problem. I'm thinking that maybe there is not enough room on the edges of the screen.

Are you experiencing similar issues with this case?

thanks!

TVDinner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
No, so far I am not experiencing any of those types of issues and my Fuze seems to be working with no issues. I can tell you that I was told by the AT&T store, and have read other threads on the net, that the phone seems to have issues ANYTIME the screen is pressed against continually or for a long period of time. It might be being in your pocket is causing the issue as you suggested.

Maybe looser pants, haha, only kidding
Blackberry Torch (AT&T)
Acer Iconia Tab A500

TVDinner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
------------------
UPDATE - I just got home from the gym and this case DOES cause some problems. After having it on for a few days the screen stopped working when the cover was on. From my investigating it seems to put to much pressure on the upper left corner of the case/screen, causing the screen to stop responding to touch commands. I would not recommend this case, even for $10..... I have taken the case off and there are no issues at all with the phone, so clearly the case is the problem.

I am not sure why it worked perfectly for a few days and then started having issues, but it did.
-----------------
Blackberry Torch (AT&T)
Acer Iconia Tab A500

OlSarge
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post
------------------
UPDATE - I just got home from the gym and this case DOES cause some problems. After having it on for a few days the screen stopped working when the cover was on. From my investigating it seems to put to much pressure on the upper left corner of the case/screen, causing the screen to stop responding to touch commands. I would not recommend this case, even for $10..... I have taken the case off and there are no issues at all with the phone, so clearly the case is the problem.

I am not sure why it worked perfectly for a few days and then started having issues, but it did.
-----------------
I saw in another thread where someone trimmed that corner of the case a bit, and said it worked great. Someone else said they took a dremel to theirs and it worked too. I realize that's not even close to the ideal solution, but thought I'd offer it to you anyway.

TVDinner
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlSarge View Post
I saw in another thread where someone trimmed that corner of the case a bit, and said it worked great. Someone else said they took a dremel to theirs and it worked too. I realize that's not even close to the ideal solution, but thought I'd offer it to you anyway.
Thanks for the advice. My question is this, WHY would it work for a few days PERFECTLY and then start creating the problems all of a sudden? Strange.
Blackberry Torch (AT&T)
Acer Iconia Tab A500

jknuckey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlSarge View Post
Found the other thread, which is for the case being sold at the AT & T store; I guess it was recalled for this same problem. Sounds like a simple emery board solved the problem for some people; I think I may give that a try. Until then, I'm only keeping the back cover on so I at least have some protection...