is the thread I used to alter the Windows logo to a HTC logo among other things in this
thread. It's dead easy,
1) Unsign the file using Unsigner linked to in the thread further up (on page 2 of the Unsigner thread there's a .bat file that I found gave a better idea of whether it had worked or not).
2) Open the file in Reshacker and go to Icon on the left hand side and click it to expand it. Go to number 292, click it and it will expand to show 1033. Click 1033 and it should be the start menu icon. Right click on 1033 and select Replace Resource. Select Open File With New Icon and find your new (resized) icon. Double click it and it will show a preview of new and old. Click Replace in the bottom right corner.
3) Save the newly modified file.
4) Sign the modified file using Ssigner linked to in the thread above. CHECK THE TEXT FILE IT CREATES TO MAKE SURE IT SIGNED OK.
Don't forget this bit as it will mean a hard reset if you do (as I learnt).
5) If you've not installed SDKCert.cab some time in the past. download it from here
, copy it to the phone and install it.
6) Copy the file to the Windows directory on the phone using Resco Explorer or Total Commander.
7) Reboot the phone.