now downloading give you results after upgrading.
ISSUES FOUND IN HERO V5 ROM:
1. Button 5 (press and hold) doesn't bring up Flashlight app.(was also present in V4 ROM). Instead, pressing and holding on Button 6 does indeed bring up the Flashlight application.
2. Trying to launch Calender(Left Soft Key) on Today Screen (default windows today screen) throws up an error message.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
3. The Phone Dialer refuses to show my call history(dialled or missed or received calls). also no entries are seen in the Call Log section of the SPB Mobile Shell.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
4. The Dialer app is extremely sluggish compared to the rest of the OS.
5. Battery Meter is inaccurate.(i usually lose and once gained about 20% battery life after a soft reset ). i need others to corroborate the finding, since it could be an issue with my battery as it is about 3 yrs old).
6. The phone doesn't show incoming calls on many occasions. There is no indication of an incoming call on the SPB home screen in such instances. In such a situation, if i go to the dialer screen by pressing the green key( hard key), while an incoming call is coming, i get the popup of the incoming call and i can answer it. If the call is missed(in the above scenario), notification icons come up on top curtain bar and on the spb home screen. pressing on the curtain bar icon does nothing, while a press on the icon on spb homescreen takes me to a blank SPB CALL LOG screen.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
7. Unable to receive files via Bluetooth. Sending files work just fine.
8. Unable to create new email.
9. Cannot enter characters in the recipient and text boxes when creating SMS.
I request users of this ROM to check the aforementioned issues on their phones and reply.
Will UPDATE this post with further issues that i encounter. Hope my feedback will help in creating better ROM's.
I forgot about some bug - not a bug - just weird interface issue - when someone calls me i cant see caller ID - just "incoming call" screen with slide button (answer/ignore) at bottom. Can someone help on how to fix it? I dont wanna move from this rom - rly like it.
Yes, it's a major issue with this rom. It bugged me for awhile. I did all the upgrade only to find out about this problem, which is a bummer--enough mumble. But I have decided to stick to this ROM because:
1) it's lite
2) it's fast
3) it's the latest build, at the time of writing
If you really want to use the default incoming caller ID, you can go to
Tools --> Advanced Configuration --> open up (+) Phone --> tap on the first item "Phone skin: Enabled (advised)" --> go to the drop down menu and select Disabled (default)
But after that you'll have a dilemma: Ok, I can see the caller ID, but now I don't see numpad or anything when I use the phone interface/function (dialer).
To stick with this ROM, one has to either
1) disable the phone skin, and use a 3rd party dialer such as InesoftPhone
2) keep the phone skin, and use a 3rd party incoming ID handler such as InesoftPhone, Photo Contacts, or MagicCall.
Personally, I went 2) and use Photo Contacts.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|