MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][Updated 17-12-2009] TouchLockPro 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking

OP ZuinigeRijder

22nd December 2008, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 206

2,854 posts
More
TouchLockPro is a general purpose locking program, which also works on the Touch HD.

See TouchLockPro thread for more details.
Last edited by ZuinigeRijder; 18th December 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Version 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking
2nd January 2009, 09:04 PM   |  #2  

2,854 posts
More
Version 2.0
I uploaded version 2.0, which fixes some (small) issues and added some features, like unlocking when sliding the keyboard out (if available). See Version 2.0
11th January 2009, 06:47 PM   |  #3  

2,854 posts
More
[APP][Updated 11-01-2009] TouchLockPro version 2.1
I just uploaded TouchLockPro version 2.1. Hope this version is again more perfect.
15th January 2009, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 49

396 posts
TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.
15th January 2009, 10:53 PM   |  #5  

2,854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugumba

TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.

Indeed my next highest priority is implementing a gesture to unlock using the GSENSOR, which was already on the TODO list. You could consider to use LockTouchPanelOnly=1, so the hardware keys are not locked and couple a command to a hardware key: "TouchLockAction.exe" unlock. Of course there is a chance that the hardware buttons are pressed in that case, when it is in you pocket. Other people using TouchLockPro in combination with Phone Canvas. They use TouchLockPro for general locking and unlock the phone automatically by TouchLockPro when there is an incoming call: commandCallIncoming = "TouchLockAction.exe unlock"
21st January 2009, 09:54 PM   |  #6  

2,854 posts
More
TouchLockPro 2.2.1 with GSENSOR support for unlocking
I just uploaded TouchLockPro 2.2.1 with GSENSOR support for unlocking.
19th February 2009, 11:08 PM   |  #7  

2,854 posts
More
TouchLockPro version 2.3
TouchLockPro version 2.3 is available.
4th September 2009, 09:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Question
Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk
4th September 2009, 10:05 AM   |  #9  

2,854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nologic

Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk

Hi Henk,

which version did you install? the latest version 2.7.3?
I did not get this problem report from other users, and there are a lot of Touch HD users. You can try to set DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0, because some people have problems with this setting.

The "Could not create TouchPanel hook" message means that some other program is running which applies the hook before TouchLockPro can. Which Today screen do you have, TF3D?

You can also enable debug logging LogDebug=1 and post the debug log file \TouchLockPro.log.txt as zipped attachment. Maybe that gives me a clue
4th September 2009, 10:57 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Hi,

Wow, quick response. I appreciate it!

Where do I set the “DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0”?
The only application that start up with the phone is TF3D.
I think you might be right, some other application is interfering. Can it be TF3D?

I’ve seen now that I can access the application after start-up from the application menu. It still gives me an error but I can use it.

This is a fantastic application, I will defiantly donate so soon as finances permits

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lightsensor, lock, stylus, tapi
Previous Thread Next Thread