5,597,501 Members 31,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][Updated 17-12-2009] TouchLockPro 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking

Tip us?

ZuinigeRijder
Old
(Last edited by ZuinigeRijder; 18th December 2009 at 10:10 PM.) Reason: Version 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Default [APP][Updated 17-12-2009] TouchLockPro 2.9 with *NEW* Zoombar unlocking

TouchLockPro is a general purpose locking program, which also works on the Touch HD.

See TouchLockPro thread for more details.

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default Version 2.0

I uploaded version 2.0, which fixes some (small) issues and added some features, like unlocking when sliding the keyboard out (if available). See Version 2.0

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default [APP][Updated 11-01-2009] TouchLockPro version 2.1

I just uploaded TouchLockPro version 2.1. Hope this version is again more perfect.

ugumba
Old
Thanks Meter 49
TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugumba View Post
TouchLockPro is indeed great. However, on the HD, I find its use limited, as there is no good unlocking mechanism in place. I keep it installed for the BattClock, but I simply can't get comfortable with having to pull out the stylus to unlock, or wave the phone in front of a light source. (The HD light sensor doesn't seem very reliable.)

Heck I admit it, I often surf with Opera in bed, in the dark - the stylus is the only unlocking option, and it annoys me.

If TouchLockPro could get a touch gesture unlock, like PocketShield or ThrottleLock, I'd be happy. There doesn't even have to be a UI - as long as it's fast and reliable.

ThrottleLock appears to late (I can interact with the screen before the ThrottleLock asks for the gesture), otherwise it would be mighty fine.

PocketShield is much better in this respect. I just can't get it to work comfortably with answering the phone. I've hung up on so many calls now, unintentionally, that my wife told be to FIX IT.
Indeed my next highest priority is implementing a gesture to unlock using the GSENSOR, which was already on the TODO list. You could consider to use LockTouchPanelOnly=1, so the hardware keys are not locked and couple a command to a hardware key: "TouchLockAction.exe" unlock. Of course there is a chance that the hardware buttons are pressed in that case, when it is in you pocket. Other people using TouchLockPro in combination with Phone Canvas. They use TouchLockPro for general locking and unlock the phone automatically by TouchLockPro when there is an incoming call: commandCallIncoming = "TouchLockAction.exe unlock"

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default TouchLockPro 2.2.1 with GSENSOR support for unlocking

I just uploaded TouchLockPro 2.2.1 with GSENSOR support for unlocking.

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Default TouchLockPro version 2.3

TouchLockPro version 2.3 is available.

Nologic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk

ZuinigeRijder
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nologic View Post
Hi,

This seems to be a great app. But I have a serious problem.
Right after installation I get the messages

“ a problem has occurred with touchlockpro.exe”

And then after a soft reset the messages
“ Could not create TouchPanel Hook.“ Comes up and the application fails to start.
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

HTC Touch HD
WM 6.1
ROM Version : 1.14.421.5
Radio version : 1.09.25.14

Regards
Henk
Hi Henk,

which version did you install? the latest version 2.7.3?
I did not get this problem report from other users, and there are a lot of Touch HD users. You can try to set DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0, because some people have problems with this setting.

The "Could not create TouchPanel hook" message means that some other program is running which applies the hook before TouchLockPro can. Which Today screen do you have, TF3D?

You can also enable debug logging LogDebug=1 and post the debug log file \TouchLockPro.log.txt as zipped attachment. Maybe that gives me a clue

Nologic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

Wow, quick response. I appreciate it!

Where do I set the “DoubleTouchPanelLock = 0”?
The only application that start up with the phone is TF3D.
I think you might be right, some other application is interfering. Can it be TF3D?

I’ve seen now that I can access the application after start-up from the application menu. It still gives me an error but I can use it.

This is a fantastic application, I will defiantly donate so soon as finances permits

Tags
lightsensor, lock, stylus, tapi