Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Tutorial] How to back up your ROM - A comprehensive guide.

OP Angelusz

5th July 2009, 10:22 PM   |  #141  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 8

1,292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayyhem84

thank You very much for the reply! and making my wonders clear actually I did read the first post couple of times, and even after your reply and reading it again I can not get the answer from it..
maybe it is too soon to go for ROM experiments for me... ? probably yes. so till now I will just stick to update the ROM - when I will learn more about kitchen and other stuff then will return to experiments

thank You again for making those wonders clear!! i can now update without any doubts of loosing my ROM! thanks again!

and really BIG, BIG appreciate for that thread! U are great! perfect work!

Thanks for the kind words. You're welcome.
8th July 2009, 04:52 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
A file in the kitchen zip called "PKGTool.exe" is flagged by Sophos AntiVirus as being infected with Mal/Generic-A. I assume this is a generic behaviour-based detection... What exactly does the file do? Does anyone know where it comes from?
Last edited by l337h1um; 8th July 2009 at 08:48 AM.
9th July 2009, 01:35 AM   |  #143  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 8

1,292 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l337h1um

A file in the kitchen zip called "PKGTool.exe" is flagged by Sophos AntiVirus as being infected with Mal/Generic-A. I assume this is a generic behaviour-based detection... What exactly does the file do? Does anyone know where it comes from?

Virusscanners occasionally flag developer files as being "infected". The reason for this is simple. The code was written by third party programmers and in some ways resemble things that viruses do. Virusscanners search for specific patterns in files.

I can assure you that all these tools are 100% safe - courtesy of XDA.
9th July 2009, 01:41 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelusz

Virusscanners occasionally flag developer files as being "infected". The reason for this is simple. The code was written by third party programmers and in some ways resemble things that viruses do. Virusscanners search for specific patterns in files.

I can assure you that all these tools are 100% safe - courtesy of XDA.

Well yes I know, but I was asking what the file does I was just being careful - hence why I'm a systems administrator. Doesn't matter though, they said it was a false positive and are releasing an update for it.
12th July 2009, 06:09 AM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 2

92 posts
I have a few Partxx.raw files from a long time ago and I don't know which ROM it's a dump of. It was a custom ROM. I think one of itje's TouchX ROMs....

I tried rebuilding the raw files with an extracted stock .NBH but it won't flash. The SPL hangs on "Loading..." when trying the MicroSD method.

So how can I peer into the .raw files and browse around or somehow make it flash?
14th July 2009, 06:51 PM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
CMIIW..

this is useful when u wanna change ur ccoked ROM on ur xperia to original ROM, for warranty purpose isn't it??
26th July 2009, 10:01 PM   |  #147  
Flag geraardsbergen
Thanks Meter: 115

3,213 posts
Donate to Me
is this method possible to work on HD with HD kitchen?
ive seen its possible to hold the installed programs but if i have do many changes in manila(with MaxTTM),can i hold this to?
first is this only for stock roms or can i remake my energyrom completly changed?

thanks.
1st August 2009, 05:23 PM   |  #148  

22 posts
More
Question Backup TD2 Stock ROM
Hi

I'm trying to back up my TOPAZ stock ROM 1.43.720.1 (51718) WWE using xdatools and KovskyKitchen. The KovskyKitchen requires a stock ROM's .nbh file to be in the Baserom folder. The one I could find here in xda forum for TOPAZ is older ver i.e. RUU_Topaz_HTC_WWE_1.39.405.2_Radio_Signed_Topaz_61 .20t.25.10_3.43.25.19_Ship.

My question is, suppose I use this in KovskyKitchen along with my stock ROM's *.raw files which was generated by xdatools, does it package with my stock rom or the older one? i.e. how to ensure it creates a nbh file with the latest ROM ver?

And by the way, why is it required to have a backed-up rom in the Baserom folder, while we're actually trying to create one ourselves, does KovskyKitchen use any of this contents while backing up our stock rom?

Regards
- SKBG
17th August 2009, 07:35 PM   |  #149  

3 posts
Hey do any of you guys get buildos.exe in kovskykitchen.zip coming up as a virus ?
I am using Avast antivirus and it flagged it as a trojan before the download was even complete.

Is this a case of false positive?
Last edited by nojoedoe; 17th August 2009 at 08:46 PM.
24th August 2009, 12:57 PM   |  #150  
Thanks Meter: 82

889 posts
Is there any way i can take backup of my current ROM with applications installed(similar to taking image using norton ghost in PCs), so that i can restore easily without need to reinstall everything? Its very useful for me to go back to older ROM, if i find the current(cooked) ROM is not suitable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread