OP monx®

19th February 2009, 04:33 AM   |  #1091  
Flag Marlboro, NJ
Thanks Meter: 28

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tyrider

Found another bug, after approx 24 hours of use my keyboard is no longer working, im forced to use the touch one. Nothing a reboot shouldn't fix but...

Funny you say that. I had that issue on Lantis V4 RC1. I wonder if its an issue with the new base since its happening on 2 roms???
19th February 2009, 11:04 AM   |  #1092  
Thanks Meter: 2

586 posts
alright i got a weird one..after flashing and before i install anything or change anything flash hyperlinks work (like clicking a link in a flash video or object) but once i install stuff (ive narrowed it down to restoring some of my files via spb backup)..like if i use sashimi itl still work after but even if i restore a backup to the point right before i use spb to restore my files (i made a backup while flash hyperlinks were working) it wont work..so thats where im stuck any ideas?
19th February 2009, 03:02 PM   |  #1093  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 23

531 posts
More
SPB also restores registry settings. I tried to restore a few simple apps, after that I couldn't read provisiong.xml anymore. SPB is great for a full backup and full restore on the same ROM. But anything beyond that, its more like a headache. There are just too many registry settings that SPB tries to restore. I've read that SPB 6.5 does a better job. Not plan on trying that anytime soon.
19th February 2009, 03:50 PM   |  #1094  
Thanks Meter: 0

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSopranos16

Funny you say that. I had that issue on Lantis V4 RC1. I wonder if its an issue with the new base since its happening on 2 roms???

I've great doubts about this new build as i faced the screen lock problem with several ROMs using the same build (i.e PROven, Lantis ...etc).

I'm back to ROMeOS 1.60.4 till a solution is found.
yet i'm stuck with the keyboard backlight issue.
19th February 2009, 04:08 PM   |  #1095  
Thanks Meter: 93

2,225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisC

I have a question. When I try to send/receive emails from my hotmail account the phone tries to connect via 3G even if there is wifi enabled. Is this normal? When I send/receive emails from my other accounts (gmail & isp) the phone uses the available wifi. Is there a way to set hotmail to use wifi and not try to connect to 3G? I dont have a mobile data plan and 3G access costs a lot in my country.

This has been so for Windows Live since the WM 6.0. There is no such problem with the Windows Live version that come with WM 5.0 and WM 2003 SE. I've even got in touch with the Windows Live technical team and they seems to ignore it (or do not understand the problem) and keep asking me to contact my network provider.

Anyway, the only way to solve this problem is to go to:
Settings->Connections->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks. For both the Internet and private network, change it to My Work Network.

The only problem now is, if you want to use 3G, you'll have to reconfigure.
19th February 2009, 04:38 PM   |  #1096  

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by programatix

This has been so for Windows Live since the WM 6.0. There is no such problem with the Windows Live version that come with WM 5.0 and WM 2003 SE. I've even got in touch with the Windows Live technical team and they seems to ignore it (or do not understand the problem) and keep asking me to contact my network provider.

I once knew that this was an agreement between MS and the mobile operators is to make the email synch over data connectivity offered by the operator rather than wifi.
19th February 2009, 05:00 PM   |  #1097  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 23

531 posts
More
Guys,

It would help if you post the build you're using... I have BT issues with 20764 that's why I'm using 21009. No keyboard issues here.
19th February 2009, 05:17 PM   |  #1098  

12 posts
Hi guys,

found a little problem here. I can't change my keyboard layout to a german layout. but this is neccessary to change "z" and "y", adding a few letters and some other changes.
I tried to change it with adv config but this didn't make any change.
19th February 2009, 07:00 PM   |  #1099  
Flag Near Bonn
Thanks Meter: 4

361 posts
More
Try this one, use the search in this forum...
QWERTZsheng_s_keyboard_patch.cab
Greetz
Boris
Look here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=4
20th February 2009, 12:36 AM   |  #1100  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
hi,

first i want to thank you for your work, i allready love this rom(v1.81.0)
, very fast and looks greate

but there is one problem.

when i try ro type a @ on the hardware keyboard by klicking fn and q, it just types a q.

all the other fn symbols work. my phone is a xda daimond pro, german version.

sbdy got a hint for me?

edit: german keyboard patch worked for me too, didnt know @ is somewere else on an us keyboard

thanks for the help
Last edited by heldgop; 20th February 2009 at 12:43 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
21042, monx, raphael rom, romeos, stable, touch pro
Previous Thread Next Thread