App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more
Thread Deleted

problem with syncronization

27th December 2008, 07:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
hi guys i'm enjoing my great touch jade, but i encountered an annoing problem in syncronization: i can easily install activesync (i'm on xp pro sp3 and i've got office pro 2003) but when i connect my jade to pc nothing happen.. i mean, the phone start charging, but no sync go and windows send me a message about unidentified device, i haven't driver... how can i manage this situation? i'm trying since 4 days.. 've tryed softreset, searched everywhere and it seems that i need driver for a net-adapter NDIS.. i tought an activesync corrupted files, i downloaded from microsoft.com, but didn't work anyway. is activesync that don't install driver or my jade that got something wrong? i also tryed to change the usb cable.. isn't my cable..

nothing works...

sry for my unperfect english, i'm managing learning!
27th December 2008, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 168

4,021 posts
Donate to Me
Have you tried unchecking start>settings>connections>usb to pc?
27th December 2008, 09:18 PM   |  #3  

254 posts

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.
28th December 2008, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem9nba

Have you tried unchecking start>settings>connections>usb to pc?

of course i tried all possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedimran.ahmed@gmail.com

Two things you can check:

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.

1. i'm waiting my friend to come back from holiday to try on its.. he has vista, maybe it is a xp problem.. i tried all my usb, but its the same, everything works, but the jade

2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..
28th December 2008, 10:29 PM   |  #5  

254 posts
Originally Posted by IL_mante

2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..

You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?
29th December 2008, 01:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedimran.ahmed@gmail.com

You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?

oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..
Last edited by IL_mante; 29th December 2008 at 01:11 PM.
29th December 2008, 02:44 PM   |  #7  

89 posts
More
Quote:

oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..

When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...
29th December 2008, 11:05 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithpro

When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...

thanks, but:

"impossible to find a better software than the one yet installed"
29th December 2008, 11:17 PM   |  #9  

89 posts
More
Quote:

thanks, but:

"impossible to find a better software than the one yet installed"

Hm, this worked for me. Try going to the device manager and uninstall the active driver, then re-try the above.
30th December 2008, 02:53 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithpro

Hm, this worked for me. Try going to the device manager and uninstall the active driver, then re-try the above.

now i'm at work, but i tried yet this operation, and it tell me that no driver is installed for this device.... -.-

the real problem is that when i install activesync, he don't update the system with the right driver for my jade... i tryed on my girlfriend pc, she's got xp home and its the same... at now i can't try on vista, because the only one i know who use vista is on holiday... but i wanna find that shi##ing problem and solve it...

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread