Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with syncronization

Tip us?

IL_mante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem with syncronization

hi guys i'm enjoing my great touch jade, but i encountered an annoing problem in syncronization: i can easily install activesync (i'm on xp pro sp3 and i've got office pro 2003) but when i connect my jade to pc nothing happen.. i mean, the phone start charging, but no sync go and windows send me a message about unidentified device, i haven't driver... how can i manage this situation? i'm trying since 4 days.. 've tryed softreset, searched everywhere and it seems that i need driver for a net-adapter NDIS.. i tought an activesync corrupted files, i downloaded from microsoft.com, but didn't work anyway. is activesync that don't install driver or my jade that got something wrong? i also tryed to change the usb cable.. isn't my cable..

nothing works...

sry for my unperfect english, i'm managing learning!

kareeem
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried unchecking start>settings>connections>usb to pc?
If I have helped you in any way, shape or form, please consider donating to the Syrian American Council (SAC) to help aid the helpless refugees.

Imyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Two things you can check:

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.

IL_mante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem9nba View Post
Have you tried unchecking start>settings>connections>usb to pc?
of course i tried all possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedimran.ahmed@gmail.com View Post
Two things you can check:

1. Check on a different comp if you can. I suspect a problem with the usb port on your computer. If you can, try plugging it into another usb port and trying that again.

2. Check the connector pins on your jade. Sometimes they get bent the wrong way and that causes the device to not be recognized when connected.
1. i'm waiting my friend to come back from holiday to try on its.. he has vista, maybe it is a xp problem.. i tried all my usb, but its the same, everything works, but the jade

2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..

Imyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_mante View Post

2. how can i check? need to open jade? i get a see with a magnifier but it seems all ok..
You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?

IL_mante
Old
(Last edited by IL_mante; 29th December 2008 at 01:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedimran.ahmed@gmail.com View Post
You should be able to see the pins using your naked eye as well. Their in the mini usb/charging port on your phone.

Would you be able to check this using another WM phone? Does any other device work on your comp? Mp3 players, camera devices etc? Are those detected?
oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..

lilithpro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
oh, u tell pins on pc? they works of course, i can use mouse, mps player, modem, printer and so on.. all my usb ports on pc can work. in fact when i connect jade, my pc find soething, but can't identify, i got unknown device from device manager.. i think that when i install activesync, he can't install driver for jade.. i tryed with cd program and also the downloaded one from microsoft.com...

and i had a look, it seems that pins on jade are all ok..
When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...
Lightbulb goes out, most people fix it and buy a new one...
Lightbulb goes out for the Catholic, they stand around in the dark and say "What did I do wrong?"

IL_mante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithpro View Post
When you plug in the device and windows asks you for drivers, check "install from a list or specific location" and in the following dialog point "include this location in the search" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" if your system is an english one...for other lang adjust accordingly. this should install all necessary drivers and render it working...
thanks, but:

"impossible to find a better software than the one yet installed"

lilithpro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
thanks, but:

"impossible to find a better software than the one yet installed"
Hm, this worked for me. Try going to the device manager and uninstall the active driver, then re-try the above.
Lightbulb goes out, most people fix it and buy a new one...
Lightbulb goes out for the Catholic, they stand around in the dark and say "What did I do wrong?"

IL_mante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithpro View Post
Hm, this worked for me. Try going to the device manager and uninstall the active driver, then re-try the above.
now i'm at work, but i tried yet this operation, and it tell me that no driver is installed for this device.... -.-

the real problem is that when i install activesync, he don't update the system with the right driver for my jade... i tryed on my girlfriend pc, she's got xp home and its the same... at now i can't try on vista, because the only one i know who use vista is on holiday... but i wanna find that shi##ing problem and solve it...