(2 April 2009) S2U2 v1.62 - dream
Although S2U2 is now reached v1.62, it doesn't mean it can run perfectly on your device. Thanks to different devices produced by different vendors. So, please test it before use it everyday, especially the CallerID function.
(23 April 2009, You may try out the latest hot-fix v1.65 beta2 found at here.)
What is S2U2
(Slide2Unlock2) is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device. It has a CallerID function (but some devices may not work, so please try it first); S2P
control plugin; and volume control. It can show many system information (customizable) even without unlocking.
- WM5 Phone or WM6/6.1 Professional devices
- free RAM: at least 1M for QVGA; 4M for VGA
Changes of v1.62
- the notification pop-up can now be dismissed (only on S2U2
) by tapping anywhere a while outside the pop-up area;
To redisplay it, tap the corresponding notification icon.
- added option to turn on/off the individual preview of SMS, MMS & Email.
Please note that since I have no where to test the MMS (my device treats it as SMS), so it may not work.
- the "slide to view" has extended to all notification icons.
e.g. when a missed-call icon shown; tap the icon & it'll be highlighted; slide the slider will open the call history.
- added option to custom the applications opened by "slide to view" by editing the registry:
They are under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2\S2VEXE, named 0File, 0Parameters, 1File, 1Parameters,... 8File, 8Parameters.
0 - missed call; 1 - voice mail; 2 - SMS; 3 - MMS; 4 - email;
5 - Flexmail; 6 - WL Messenger; 7 - reminder; 8 - active task.
e.g. when there is a missed call, open iContact's call history instead of the system call history,
edit 0File to \Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe;
and 0Parameters to -recents (the path may be different on different language device & where it's installed).
- added option to disable pressing the power button to end an incoming call.
- fixed a potential memory leak introduced in v1.60/1.61.
- fixed the incomplete backup created when saving the settings in S2U2
- fixed the occasional problem that the system hangs on the CallerID screen.
- a few minor bugs fixed.
Changes of v1.60
- added option to lock most of the system notifications (alarm, reminder, sms/mms & email notice) when the device is locked.
To dismiss the notification on S2U2
(not on the system), either press the Power button or wait for the backlight turns off.
There are also options to auto-dismiss the notifications on the system & to show a preview of the SMS/email when locked.
When a notification is shown on S2U2
, unlock the device ("slide to view") will open the corresponding application.
- added option to delay the email preview.
Set a longer delay if your device alerts the new email notification much later than the email preview.
- added a command switch -password for iLock2 to trigger the password lock immediately if the password is set.
Run iLock2.exe -password will turn on the password lock immediately no matter how long the "require password" is set.
Append the iLock2 startup link with -password will trigger the password lock immediately after soft-reset.
However, even with this option added, it does not mean S2U2
is a highly secure password lock.
- added the back button in the password entry screen; it shares the same position of the clear button.
- added a small-style clock - "clockS", included in the clock pack file.
- added option to set up a 2nd clock (both format & clock path).
To switch between the 1st & 2nd clock, tap the clock area.
e.g. switch between digital (clock) & analog (clockA); or between normal & small (clockS).
- added option to set the Vibration LED.
does not vibrate even "Haptic Feedback" is turned on, try to change the value of the Vibration LED;
then turn on or off the "Haptic Feedback" to test it. e.g. the Vibration LED of Omnia is 11.
- added option to show Owner's Information (name & phone) at the bottom.
- added option to hide All-Day appointment.
- added option to do not lock the TouchFLO 3D.
Enable it if the TouchFLO 3D restarts/quits unexpectedly when S2U2
is running, but the Home key will not be locked as before.
- change the Wallpaper settings in the registry will trigger S2U2
to change it's wallpaper immediately.
- when save the settings by S2U2
Settings, a setting backup file "S2U2
Settings.reg" will be saved.
- removed option "Power Save" as the power leak problem is found & fixed.
Please read the FAQ if your device still has power leak when running this version.
- removed option "Don't double check Backlight" as it does not work on some devices.
- removed the command switch -refresh of iLock2 as it does not work in some cases. (actually, it'd been removed since v1.5x)
- fixed the occasional problem that the system hangs on the CallerID screen after rejected an incoming call.
- fixed the occasional problem that the unread count of Flexmail cannot be shown.
- some minor bugs fixed.
* Don't add www in front of the URL as it may not work. I don't know what's wrong with my domain hosting company.
Reset Unread Count
If your device has suspicious unknown count of any unread email/vmail/sms/mms, use this file (ResetUnreadCount.cab
) to reset them.
Lock/Unlock Sound Sample
For details, as usual, please read the README or the next post first, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.
To show your appreciation, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation.
(@ALL LINK POSTERS: I know most of you do not post the donation link on your reposted message. That's fine. But I hope you can at least post the link of this thread so that your visitors know the source of S2U2. Thanks.)
Volume Control shortcut
If you need to manually map a key to invoke the new Volume Control, extract the S2U2-VC.LNK
from this file (s2u2-vc.zip
) & transfer it to your device's \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\S2U2
(for Non-English device, it varies), then use any key mapping software (some devices have it come along) to map this S2U2-VC
to your preferred key.
But it assumes S2U2
is installed at \Program Files\S2U2
. You may read HERE
for how to create a LNK file.