Some tips for roms

OP jo3n

29th December 2008, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
More
Maybe it's a bad idea to begin a thread about making roms, because I don't make any roms myself (atleast not yet).

But maybe all of us can help each other with making roms and tell what people like or want to see in a new rom, or don't like and don't want to see in any rom.

I will start with something I haven't seen in any roms yet and think it could be nice.
I see lots of roms with Manila 3d (TF3D) because it's really handy and looks very nice. Sometimes it can be a bit slow and maybe it's quite battery consuming.
I haven't seen roms with Manila 2d (TF2D), I think (but maybe I am wrong) that it could be lighter and faster, and save some battery life.

I hope more people will post about stuff they like in roms or want to see in roms or don't like and don't want to see.
29th December 2008, 08:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 781

5,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Manilla 2d is very poor relation after using the HD version of tf3d in my opinion.
It would also need some reworking to get it to fit wvga, it was enough fun getting it to work in vga..
29th December 2008, 09:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

Manilla 2d is very poor relation after using the HD version of tf3d in my opinion.
It would also need some reworking to get it to fit wvga, it was enough fun getting it to work in vga..

Manila2D is already capable to run on the x1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=431433
it's not much of a change, qvga to vga is mostly bigger images (higher resolution) and the htc_settings.xml has to be changed to reposition all. wvga isn't that much different.

But it's not all about Manila2d, but what do you think should be in any rom?
Last edited by jo3n; 29th December 2008 at 09:24 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread